|Sounds in the Flames|
|Initial release date||20th June 2020|
|Partner(s)||Expaei Ties (Chapter 1-3)
Alex Flameheart (Face Your Darkest Fears (3/6))
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Murder in the Peaceful Garden||Impossible Fates|
The team set off to the record shop after hearing that it was on fire and started to investigate, thinking it's connected to Burny's murder. However, they found a letter and a cassette tape. They read the letter, which was written by Burny's killer, however they called themselves "The Cassette killer". They send the cassette to Expaei and him and Diego listened to it and confirmed that the Cassette killer went to the Mexican Restaurant near the record shop. They head there and found three more cassette tapes and another letter, this one telling the team that they could find suspects using the cassette tapes. They then found out that the judge's son, Charlie Glitters, Ex-police officer, Akemi Hirabayashi, Supernatural knowledge keeper, Fabien Kason, and finally haunter, Monic Mortreal, were all connected to the location of the fire. However, after finding out some information on the killer, the team started to recap and suddenly they heard and loud BANG coming from across the streets, which sounded like a bomb going off!
The team quickly rushed to the scene and found the remains of the bomb and when they serched through it, they found ANOTHER cassette tape. They sent it to Expaei, who explains that the Cassette killer WAS the one who placed the bomb and that they had released a demon AND angel into the city to make more trouble. Knowing how much trouble a demon and Angel could do to each other, they went to find them both. They found them both in the first floor of the record shop and they questioned both the demon, Hopkin Lightowe, and the angel, Katy Littlewoods, and unsurprisingly, they blamed each other for the "battle". The team then recapped in the police ship and talked about everything that was going on, before they heard a scream and a thud coming from inside the airship, before blood came running down the floorboards!
The team rushed to the lab and found Charlie Glitters knocked out and bleeding and Monic Mortreal, dead on the lab floor. They helped Charlie and questioned the rest of the suspects. However, they soon found out that Monic's and Burny's murder was connected and so found the last clues they needed to arrest Akemi Hirabayashi with their murders.
In a shock of rage and confusion, they began to question their old friend, Akemi, about the murder he committed. However, Akemi said he never committed any murders, however, after all the fighting and arguing, Akemi came forward and said that he was the cassette killer and that he murdered Burny and Monic because they were chosen to die by the "Pay for my sins" company. He said that he HAD to do it, or else the company would come and take his soul, as that it "What they did to naughty boys and girls". When asked what he meant by this, Akemi revealed that Monic had dug to deep and that Burny was about to reveal to the team that him and someone else in the police force had already been chosen to "Be part of something great". He then revealed that he made a pact with the company, which said that he must murder two people for his soul to be safe. However, Akemi started coughing and someone appeared behind him, saying that Akemi couldn't escape his fate and before anyone could stop the mysterious person, Akemi's soul was taken and the mysterious figure was gone. Leaving the team confused and wondering what this person needed people's souls for.
The team stood there, confusedly confused about what just happened, as they looked at Akemi's shell. However, they then heard arguing before the Warlock elder, Alex Flameheart, coming into the room and demanding to know what happened. After the team told the elder what they witness, Alex chose to stand in for the partner, as they were facing the unknown and Warlocks were the best option to survive.
Alex and the player both investigated the lab to find out who the person was, before they found a suitcase. They opened it and found a faded file, which they send to Expaei. Expaei explained that he knew something was off about the mysterious figure and explained that he knew who it was, something named the Soul Stealer. When the name was mentioned, Alex said that he knew of the figure, but not that much. So they went to Fabien to ask about the "Soul Stealer".
He informed them that the figure was rumoured to be part of the secret Council and that he steals souls for Hellscape. However, he also revealed that the Soul stealer went rogue a few years after Hellscape's "death" and that no one knew where he took the soul. After finding out this info, Alex chose to find the other person Akemi mentioned.
The team then serached the lab again and found a phone and, after unlocking it, they found a picture of a black cross on someone's hands. They send the picture to Expaei and he said that the hand was Kingston Andrews. They quickly ran to Kingston to warn him, but they couldn't find him anyway, only a note on the board saying that he was trying to escape his fate, but a bloody note ontop saying that he could not escape.
The team then rushed to the chief, but Charlie got in the way and asked about the investigating into their missing brother. They told Charlie that they were working on it, before telling the chief what they found. The chief seemed worried but told them that they needed to find Kingston Before the Soul stealer found him and took his soul away!
- Burny Anderson (Found in the last case, stabbed to death)
- Monic Mortreal (Found in the airship, beaten to death)
- Spiked hammer
- The killer listens to old records.
- The killer reads Voltaire.
- The killer is good at Maths.
- The killer has black hair.
- The killer is 5'6".
|Burning Record shop||1st Floor of Record Shop||Burning Record shop Bonus|
|Mexican Restaurant||Restaurant's tables||Mexican Restaurant Bonus|
|Bombed Area||Airship lab||Bombed Area Bonus|
- Investigate Burning Record shop (Clues: Letter, locked cassette tape)
- Examine locked cassette tape (Result: Unlocked tape)
- Analyse Cassette tape (03:00:00; New crime scene: Mexican Restaurant)
- Investigate Mexican Restaurant (Clues: Another letter, Locked safe, Crossbow, Broken object)
- Examine Locked safe (Result: Painting objects with cassette)
- Analyse Painting objects with cassette (03:00:00; New suspect: Charlie Glitters)
- Question Charlie about his things being locked away.
- Examine crossbow (Result: Cassette film)
- Analyse Cassette film (00:30:00; New suspect: Monic Mortreal)
- Question Monic about her crossbow being in the Restaurant.
- Examine Broken object (Result: Telescope)
- Analyse Telescope (00:30:00; New suspect: Akemi Hirabayashi)
- Get answers as to why Akemi's telescope is broken. (New suspect: Fabien Kason)
- Question Fabien about breaking Akemi's telescope (New clue: Letter with cassette tape)
- Analyse Letter with cassette tape (Everything above, apart from the two letters, must be done first; 03:00:00; Attribute: The killer listens to to old records)
- Analyse the two letters (Everything above, apart from the letter and tape, must be done first; 06:00:00; Attribute: The killer reads Voltaire)
- Move onto chapter 2 (No stars)
- Investigate Bombed Area (Clues: Remains of Bomb, Trash can, faded Haunter's report)
- Examine Trash can (Result: Akemi's old police badge)
- Ask Akemi about throwing away his badge (Profile Updated: Akemi listens to old records and reads Voltaire)
- Examine Faded Haunter's report (Result: Completed report)
- Question Monic about the incident with the two men (Profile Updated: Monic listens to old records and reads Voltaire)
- Examine Remains of bomb (Result: Damaged Cassette tape)
- Analyse Damaged Cassette tape (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer is good at Maths; New crime scene: 1st Floor of Record Shop)
- Investigate 1st Floor of Record Shop (Clues: Bloody sword, Books of sins)
- Examine Bloody sword (Result: Sample of blood)
- Analyse Sample of blood (06:00:00; New suspect: Katy Littlewoods)
- Question Katy about the blood on the sword (Profile Updated: Katy listens to old records and is good at Maths)
- Examine Book of Sins (Result: Red Cassette tape)
- Analyse Red cassette tape (12:00:00; New suspect: Hopkin Lightowe)
- Question Hopkin about cursing trouble on earth (Profile Updated: Hopkin is good at Maths and reads Voltaire)
- Move onto chapter 3 (1 star)
- Investigate Airship lab (Clues: Monic's body, Charlie Glitters, Faded poster, Ripped item)
- Question Charlie about what he was doing on the airship (Profile Updated: Charlie listens to old records, is good at Maths and reads Voltaire, Monic is good at Maths)
- Examine Faded poster (Result: Demon support poster)
- Question Hopkin about the demon support poster (Profile Updated: Hopkin listens to old records)
- Examine Ripped item (Result: Supernatural knowledge book)
- Question Fabien about the ripped up book (Profile Updated: Fabien listens to old records, is good at Maths and reads Voltaire)
- Analyse Monic's body (09:00:00; Clue: Video camera)
- Examine Video camera (Result: Unlocked video)
- Demand to know why Katy was threatening Monic's life (Profile Updated: Katy reads Voltaire, Akemi is good at Maths)
- Investigate Restaurant's tables (Clues: Full chest, Strange bottle)
- Examine Full chest (Result: Spiked hammer)
- Analyse Spiked hammer (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer is 5'6")
- Examine Strange bottle (Result: Invisibility potion)
- Analyse Invisibility potion (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has black hair)
- Arrest the killer now!
- Move onto Face Your Darkest Fears (3/6) (No stars)
Face Your Darkest Fears (3/6)
- See what Alex needed to say (Available after unlocking Face Your Darkest Fears (3/6))
- Investigate Airship lab (Clue: Suitcase)
- Examine Suitcase (Result: Faded file)
- Analyse faded file (06:00:00)
- Question Fabien about the Soul stealer (Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Airship lab again (Clue: Locked phone)
- Examine Locked phone (Result: Picture)
- Analyse Picture of hand (09:00:00)
- Warn Kingston about the Soul stealer (Reward: 20,000 coins)
- Give Charlie an update on his missing brother's investigation. (Prerequisite: Kingston's "Interrigation")
- Tell Windego about Kingston's sudden departure (Reward: Cassette tape shirt)
- Move onto the next case (1 star)
- This is one of the cases to which the victim's body is not found in chapter 1.
- This is one of the cases in the season, alone with In His Safe Place..., in which the victim is revealed in the case before
- This also follows the pattern by there being another victim for the case.