|Light Sparks in Darkness|
|Initial release date||12th May 2020|
|Partner(s)||Susan Parker (Chapters 1-3)|
Ivana Harper (Crisis in the Making 6)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Blood in the Grave|| Like a Fallen Survivor|
(in Bayside Corner)
As Troy warned the team that someone was going to get murdered at the university forest, Susan and the player rushed towards the place to stop the possible assassination. But it was already late when they reached there, as Belarusian ambassador Nikita Kruschev was lying dead with a deep, vertical slash wound across his body.
Understanding the importance of the case, Susan called Chief Prince and informed her about the situation, and she said them to be discreet. Anyway, the team started their investigation by searching the forest, and found some clues which allowed them to flag four people as suspects, including entrepreneur Mark Reynolds, FPD detective Diego Diaz, university chancellor Christian Perriand and MI6 agent Ivana Harper, since Mark and Diego were recently present at the crime scene, while the other two seemed to have a grudge against the victim, although they didn't reveal the reason. Soon after, Eva said the way the victim was murdered reminded her of nothing but lightsaber before deducing the killer used sunscreen, as she could trace it around the wound.
While recapping, treasure hunter Brice LeBeau came running, saying he'd found an underwater lab underneath the university lab. After getting the whole story from him, the team went to the lab and searched it, thinking it could be a Watery Systems lab, just like they had seen in Alpha Shore. But instead, they found out that fire tester Archie McLoopy and Mark had made the lab to work on their inventions. However, casino owner Eugenia Hestentrope was also added to the suspect list after it was revealed that she was in a relationship with the victim. Meanwhile, the team also came to know that the victim had hit Christian's 8-year-old daughter while driving recklessly, causing her to get paralyzed permanently, infuriating Christian. Besides, Nikita had written an entire blog saying how the MI6 was being "corrupted" by LGBT agents, which angered Ivana as the blog totally indicated her since she was interested in girls.
Soon after, the team came near the Belarusian embassy to recap, only to hear the sound of an explosion, and Mark jumped on Susan from nowhere after a second, embarrassing both of them in the process. However, as Susan started to blush, Mark got disgusted and said her that it was unintentional before telling them to check the driveway quickly. Not getting why he was so frightened, the team searched the area only to find Christian lying dead, with burn injuries all over his body. After sending him to Eva, they questioned Mark who said he and Christian were hanging around and talking about his daughter's condition, just when the explosion occurred. Anyway, Eva said she wasn't sure if Nikita and Christian's killer was the same, as she couldn't trace anything except that he was murdered by a micro-dynamite like Janet Valentine. Soon afterwards, Diego was questioned after it was revealed that he had left FPD but still pretending to be a police officer to get advantages, which Nikita somehow learnt and started to blackmail him. Later on, the team found the murder weapon-a lightsaber, which was made by Archie, and that Brice was forbidden to enter Belarus by Nikita, while Eugenia was furious after knowing the victim was only trying to possess the casino by making her sign the required papers.
Finally, a quick search around the dark forest allowed the team to gather some clues which led them to arrest Mark for the murder.
Susan nearly started crying and didn't want to believe, but still confronted him with the player. When asked, Mark tried to play innocent but the proofs didn't allow him to lie for a long time, causing Susan to get stunned. However, she asked why he had joined a dangerous organization, and he replied it didn't matter before explaining he hadn't wanted to do the whole work that was given to him, which was why the leader assigned Tony to do half of them. He said he had just planned the death of Harley Santner and Janet, as the police had already assumed. He explained they were totally disgusting person, and that he had done good by killing them as Harley had ruined many students' lives by making them fail, and that he was nearly a victim to it as well, before saying Janet deserved to die as she once tried to harass Sarah Rivers. He then grinned before saying Tony Crimson was also a pain in the back, so he decided to manipulate Eon Stark, knowing the former's past. Susan wanted him to say he had no choice, and he shrugged, saying he obviously had other choices but chose this one after his mother died, before saying Jason Kingsley was also a stupid person who deserved jail, and that he had no regret for his actions as all the victims were terrible person. Susan asked him why he killed Christian then, and he went pale saying he didn't do anything with him, and got frightened thinking someone was trying to kill him. Anyway, he recovered, and pulled out his gun, saying her to let him go. But as she stayed stunned, Mark sighed and advised her not be so biased before he started to walk away, just when Ivana came out of the woods and hit him with a tranquilizer dart, causing him to fall unconscious.
A while later, the team and Ivana came to the station as Chief Prince said Belarusian president Artem Melnikov had arrived and was wanting full report about the investigation and Nikita, before deciding what to do later, and Ivana said she'd assist the player for the rest of the investigation, now that Susan was so devastated, and that she had direct orders from the MI6. After thinking a bit, Chief said she was allowed to do so.
First off, Ivana and the player met Artem who said he was confused knowing his decision could put the world over the edge of a war, and that he wanted to end this peacefully. He said he didn't like Nikita and that a lot of people had reported him to be corrupted, so he'd let the matter go if they could prove it. Ivana smirked as she had already collected a lot of info about him, and went with the player to search the embassy where they found her USB which was sent to Troy. Troy analyzed it and said the info inside it could send Nikita in jail for life, as he had committed every crimes except homicide. The team then gave the USB to Artem, who promised to call the police after having a look.
Meanwhile, after Mark woke up, the team visited to know about his organization, but he just smiled, saying he wouldn't bring him more trouble by being a traitor, before saying even his sister didn't know anything, let alone anyone else. Ivana asked if his sister was a university student named Mina Reynolds, and he confirmed it before asking how she knew it. She replied she had bumped into her a few days ago, before leaving the place to meet her. When confronted, Mina said she really knew nothing about his brother's work, but that they liked to hang around the forest a lot, where they could find a clue, prompting them to do so. There, they found an oval capsule with a note inside which was sent to Mark, saying him to go to Bayside Corner after finishing his work, where he'd find another agent.
Again, Misty could trace Noby's body to Archie and Mark's lab, so the team searched it and found a pair of glasses belonging to Noby, prompting them to question Archie. However, he got totally shocked when confronted, but denied to say anything about the body and according to him it was sent to a safe place. Ivana said then he'd get placed under temporary custody, causing him to snap saying that they were making a mistake, and that putting Mark in jail was the last straw. Ivana asked him if he realized Mark was a criminal, and he replied they'd know the truth very soon. However, the team got no choice but to place him under temporary custody for lack of co-operation.
Back to the station, Chief Prince thanked the team as Artem had decided not to start a war over Nikita as he was really corrupted. This made everyone feel relieved after a long time, however, Ivana shared what they found about Archie and another agent of Mark's organization. Chief then got concerned, saying Judge Powell had decided to sentence Mark to prison for 50 years, however, there was no proof of his being involved in Christian's murder, leaving it as a mystery. She then decided to go to Bayside Corner to find the other agent, with some unsolved mysteries in hand.
- Nikita Kruschev (Found dead with a vertical slash wound across his body)
- Mark Reynolds
- The killer is scared of the dark.
- The killer uses sunscreen.
- The killer eats candy cane.
- The killer sports red glitter.
- The killer has blue eyes.
|Dark Forest||Lake Sides||Dark Forest Bonus|
|Belarusian Embassy||Embassy Driveway||Belarusian Embassy Bonus|
|Underwater Lab||Experiment Room||Underwater Lab Bonus|
- Investigate Dark Forest. (Clues: Victim's Body, Laser Pen, Broken Badge, Faded Photo; Victim identified: Nikita Kruschev)
- Examine Laser Pen. (Result: Clear Substance)
- Examine Clear Substance. (Result: Sweat; New Suspect: Mark Reynolds)
- Question Mark Reynolds about his presence at the crime scene.
- Examine Broken Badge. (Result: FPD Badge; New Suspect: Diego Diaz)
- Ask Diego Diaz what he was doing here. (New Crime Scene Unlocked: Belarusian Embassy)
- Investigate Belarusian Embassy. (Clues: Locked Suitcase, Locked Communicator)
- Examine Locked Suitcase. (Result: University Papers; New Suspect: Christian Perriand)
- Question Christian Perriand if he knew the victim.
- Examine Locked Communicator. (Result: MI6 Communicator; New Suspect: Ivana Harper)
- Ask Ivana Harper if she had any interaction with the victim.
- Examine Faded Photo. (Result: Victim's Photo [Death Threat])
- Analyze Death Threat. (05:00:00; Attribute: The killer is scared of the dark)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer uses sunscreen)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Talk with Brice LeBeau about the underwater lab. (Profile updated: Brice is scared of the dark and uses sunscreen; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Underwater Lab; Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Investigate Underwater Lab. (Clues: Hair, Underwater Camera)
- Examine Hair. (Result: Ginger Hair; New Suspect: Archie McLoopy)
- Question Archie McLoopy about his presence at the lab. (Profile updated: Archie is scared of the dark and uses sunscreen)
- Examine Underwater Camera. (Result: Unlocked Camera)
- Analyze Unlocked Camera. (05:00:00; New Suspect: Eugenia Hestentrope)
- Interrogate Eugenia Hestentrope about his relationship with the victim. (Profile updated: Eugenia is scared of the dark and uses sunscreen)
- Investigate Embassy Driveway. (Clues: Bag, Locked Smartphone, Stained Sunscreen; All tasks before must be done first)
- Examine Bag. (Result: Hospital report)
- Ask Christian about his daughter. (Profile updated: Christian is scared of the dark and uses sunscreen)
- Examine Locked Smartphone. (Result: Ivana's Phone)
- Analyze Ivana's Phone. (07:00:00)
- Question Ivana about the blog which Nikita wrote indicating her. (Profile updated: Ivana is scared of the dark and uses sunscreen)
- Examine Stained Sunscreen. (Result: Red crumbs)
- Analyze Red Crumbs. (04:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats candy cane)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Question Mark about the explosion. (Profiles updated: Mark is scared of the dark, uses sunscreen and eats candy cane; Christian eats candy cane; Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Investigate Embassy Driveway. (Clues: Christian's Body, Faded Paper; Prerequisite: Mark interrogated)
- Autopsy Christian's Body. (18:00:00)
- Examine Faded Paper. (Result: Victim's Note)
- Question Diego about not being an FPD detective. (Profile updated: Diego is scared of the dark, uses sunscreen and eats candy cane)
- Investigate Experiment Room. (Clues: Locked Briefcase, Pile of Documents, Lightsaber; Prerequisite: Diego interrogated)
- Examine Locked Briefcase. (Result: Casino Papers)
- Interrogate Eugenia about the victim's involvement with her casino. (Profile updated: Eugenia is scared of the dark, uses sunscreen and eats candy cane)
- Examine Pile of Documents. (Result: Restriction Order)
- Interrogate Brice about being disallowed to enter Belarus. (Profile updated: Brice is scared of the dark, uses sunscreen and eats candy cane)
- Examine Lightsaber. (Result: Blood Sample)
- Analyze Blood Sample. (07:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Lightsaber)
- Question Archie about creating the lightsaber. (Profile updated: Archie is scared of the dark, uses sunscreen and eats candy cane)
- Investigate Lake Sides. (Clues: Nikita's Jacket, Pile of Woods; All tasks before must be done first)
- Examine Nikita's Jacket. (Result: Sticky Particles)
- Analyze Sticky Particles. (08:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears red glitter)
- Examine Pile of Woods. (Result: Gloves)
- Analyze Gloves. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has blue eyes)
- Take care of the killer now.
- Go to Crisis in the Making (6/6). (No stars)
Crisis in the Making (6/6)
- Talk with Artem Melnikov about his decision. (Available after unlocking Crisis in the Making 6)
- Investigate Belarusian Embassy. (Clue: USB Key)
- Analyze USB Key. (09:00:00)
- Give the USB Key to Artem. (Reward: 20000 Coins)
- Question Mark about his motives. (Reward: Smartwatch; Available after unlocking Crisis in the Making 6)
- Ask Mina Reynolds if she could help us. (Prerequisite: Mark interrogated)
- Investigate Dark Forest. (Result: Capsule [Instruction])
- Talk with Misty about Noby's body. (Available after unlocking Crisis in the Making 6)
- Investiagte Underwater Lab. (Clue: Glasses)
- Examine Glasses. (Result; Hair)
- Analyze Hair. (03:00:00)
- Confront Archie about the body. (Reward: Burger)
- Move on to a new crime (in Bayside Corner)! (No stars)