|Learning How to Die|
|Initial release date||August 12, 2020|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|-||Art of Blood|
|“||You just transferred to the Garuda Academy and joined the Garuda Academy Mystery Club, a club whose purpose was to train students to be future detectives. Although you don't have a brief task, you end up stumbling a dead body of your homeroom teacher with your partner Hassan outside the school's parking lot! Now it's time for you to test your abilities partner, because we are learning how to catch a killer in no time!||„|
In the stormy days of Jakarta, the player is seen in a clubroom owned by a club called Garuda Academy Mystery Club. The player has recently transferred to the school and was welcomed by its chief, Firdaus Wingkubuwoso. He began to inaugurate himself and his team, especially with the team's partner, Nicholas Hassanudin. He greeted you whilst making a sleepy face, and was slapped by the chief in process. Nicholas, or so preferably Hassan apologized to the player and the chief, saying that he didn't sleep well last night. Chief Firdaus or Chief Daus taught the player about their main goal, which is to train its members to become future detectives to fix the legal system in Jakarta after corruption between the police and government scatters everywhere, even crimes are still pernicious across the city. But, knowing the player came from a family of detectives, he reached the verdict that educating them about the basics is unnecessary until Hassan indicated the player to go out with him to eat snacks in the canteen. Chief Daus reluctantly agrees and told them that they can do anything whatever they want, so the duo began to walk out from the clubroom, and head downstairs to go outside, there...they saw something lying near the school bus on the school parking lot. Then upon closer examination, it was the dead body of the player's homeroom teacher Sumarni Siregar, who was beaten to death.
The team sent the body to their coroner and their nurse Magdalena, whose job is to autopsy cadavers, take care of the team's health, and assisting the laboratory works. Magdalena corroborated that the victim indeed died from the pestle, but before she could unravel the rest of the procedures, she accidentally strumbled on cable wire and hurled all of her papers clumsily which makes her embarrassed and tries to search it up, but Hassan kindly picked them up to help her. After collecting them up, Magdalena proceeded her evaluation that she found specks of sunscreen in the victim's sleeves, which means that the killer uses sunscreen.
The duo began to speak to the security guard who discovered the body, Maruf Abhil who illustrated that in his 20 years of work, he'd never glimpsed any homicides in the school grounds and wished the victim to a safe passing, and he also notified us that the victim mostly spent her time in her office, which prompts us to head there next. In the office, there was a phone lying there in her desk, and it didn't belong to the victim, but a certain economics student named Melissa Simorangkir, who was pissed at the Prof. Siregar that she can't regulate Melissa using a phone a lot, but when informed about the murder Melissa was seen stupefied and gave the team her own alibi. And finally, the team placed the school chef, Iwan Sastromingkoso as a suspect because of his friendship pendant who was gifted to the victim, he says that Prof. Siregar is his best friend, and he was ravaged hearing her dead. After a thorough investigation, the principal of Garuda Academy, Idha Selina confronted us and inquired us about our 'investigations' and the 'murder'.
Hassan is desperately trying to find an excuse to convince the principal that we are investigating the murder as a procedure to the club activities, but to no avail, until Chief Daus gave solid reasoning to let the GAMC handle the case smoothly, which induces Principal Selina to allow them to investigate the case for a day before she phones the actual authorities to do so. Knowing that the victim educates on the law branch, Hassan got the idea to observe her own classroom to find clues, there they found an engineering book belonging to engineering professor Dimas Raffly who inquired the youths what are they doing until the duo informed the teacher about the murder, which led him to aghast in shock, saying that Mrs. Siregar is a kind and smart woman who cares about everyone in the school. We've uncovered the fact that Melissa is actually the victim's daughter, but Melissa affirms that she loathed her mother a lot for forcing her to do studies she hates so badly in her lifetime, law studies. Then the victim filed an arrest warrant to the security guard Maruf Abhil because Maruf was seen filmed on footage trying to coax a female student into doing inappropriate things, which was seen by the victim. Whilst walking their way up back to the clubroom, Hassan received a phone call from the tech expert, Muhammad Ridyan who informed us that the police has arrived at the school.
Hassan and the player were inclined by a tall police commissioner with a messy appearance that identifies himself as Daniel Yew, who implored the duo about the murder. Hassan gave a testimony that they have the approval to investigate the crime for their club routine. Although Hassan believed Commissioner Yew would arrest them for obstruction of justice, instead Commissioner Yew authorizes them to investigate the crime considering he had good terms with Chief Daus who was trustworthy enough, especially when he accepted his nephew Anggo to be a part of the team. But, if the team did a sloppy action, he had no choice but to take over, and the duo agreed to the conditions. Kindly enough, Commissioner Yew gave the team a little bit of data about the victim, saying that she used to work as a lawyer five years prior. It was revealed that Iwan tried to lace the victim's meal with laxatives after the latter mixed his dishes with unmatching ingredients as a prank. Then, Principal Selina tried to fire the victim because the latter unintentionally led a bullied kid into attempting suicide after she scolded him harshly, but Principal Selina told the team that she revised it after the victim sent a huge apology by donating a huge chunk of gifts to the bullied boy's family, and finally, Professor Raffly tried to hit on the victim but was slapped in the process. With all of this, the team managed to indict school chef Iwan Sastromingkoso as the killer.
Hassan and the player approached Iwan on the canteen who was seen tidying up the tables and began to throw some accusations for the murder of Professor Sumarni Siregar. At first, he refuted all of the accusations, but then he rapidly confessed after the duo brought concrete evidence that he can't hide anymore. Iwan tearfully told the duo that five years ago, he had a brother named Julius who was accused of manslaughter after he accidentally hit a toddler on the street with a car in an intoxicated state. The victim who was the defense for Julius negligently gave weak defenses considering this is her first time defending someone on the court which led to Julius' getting imprisoned for 20 years. Iwan, who was fused with rage, planned the murder after he saw her again in Garuda Academy by working there as a chef. First, he laced the victim's dish off with laxatives so he could drown her in the bathroom, but it was a fail. So, he took the next step by bashing her with a brass pestle on the parking lot instead. The duo then took the chef to Commissioner Yew, who begin to take him into his car but before he goes, he invited the team to join the trial. Not knowing what decision we should take, we consulted the chief who agrees considering he and the judge are good friends. At the trial, Judge Ihsan began to review his actions and sentenced him to 25 years imprisonment for the crime.
After apprehending Professor Siregar's killer, Hassan and the player applauded their first successful investigation by dining hot dogs outside the school. Before Hassan could chew his hot dog, unexpectedly the Chief called us via smartphone and confided us that although our mission is over, he still provided us a little bit of assignment which is helping someone in need. Because of it, Hassan nudged his hot dog inside his mouth and began to ran to the headquarters alongside the player, although he nearly choked on it. The chief began to lecture the two about Melissa, who reached the club to help her hold a vigil for Professor Siregar, but she lost her portrait somewhere which urges us to search it for her, although the one we found is broken into pieces. With the power of restoration, we managed to piece it one by one and submitted it to Melissa, who was thankful and promised to mention the club during the memorial.
On the second hand, Commissioner Yew approached the player and the rest of the team in their headquarters and cheered to congratulate them, as a reward he provided the files that only the authorities can look. The files contained the numerous cybercrimes that terrorize Central Jakarta, who was masterminded by a lone black hat hacker with the alias "Trojan King". The hacker had stolen approximately 120 million in cash from multiple companies and other facilities, and Commissioner Yew gave the team authorization to seek it further to restore justice considering 2025 is corrupt anyway. Searching nearby locations on the school, a newspaper clip was uncovered, and with closer inspection, it was unearthed that the Inoshige-gumi clan was involved with the crime. Hassan got furious and informed the player that the oyabun, Inoshige Daigo was actually his father that he loathes for his life of crime. Having no choice, we interrogated the oyabun, who greeted his son with a hug, but Hassan withheld to hug him and pressured him about his involvement with the Trojan King. Instead of getting answers, the oyabun just laughed at it saying that is not his business. Infuriated that they got no accurate response, Hassan was about to punch a wall but ended up stopped after he confesses that his stomach is burning until he realized he put a lot of chili in the hot dog and ran as quickly as possible to a nearby toilet.
After the comedic event, the duo returned back to the school to attend to a vigil of their fallen teacher, Melissa was seen delivering her speech to the students, teachers, and staffs about the recent tragedy and she also addressed us, the GAMC by crediting our club to everyone in the school grounds, which makes everyone stand up and took applause. When the vigil is over, we gathered back to the headquarters and discuss the Trojan King which is still unsolved this day, and Hassan seems disgruntled about his dad being involved in. That's when our profiler Adeline Sardou came in with great news, she informed the team that the Trojan King first target was the National Museum, which prompts us to head there tomorrow next.
- Sumarni Siregar (found beaten to death on the school parking lot)
- Brass Pestle
- Iwan Sastromingkoso
- The killer uses sunscreen.
- The killer plays the piano.
- The killer drinks iced tea.
- The killer wears blue.
- The killer has freckles.
|Parking Lot||School Bus||Parking Lot Bonus|
|Victim's Office||Victim's Desk||Victim's Office Bonus|
|Classroom||Teacher's Desk||Classroom Bonus|
- Investigate Parking Lot. (Clues: Ripped Note; Brass Pestle; Victim's Body; Victim identified: Sumarni Siregar; New Suspect: Maruf Abhil)
- Ask Maruf Abhil what did he do upon finding the body. (Prerequisite: Parking Lot investigated)
- Examine Ripped Note. (Result: Threat)
- Examine Brass Pestle. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (06:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Brass Pestle; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Victim's Office)
- Investigate Victim's Office. (Prerequisite: Blood analyzed; Clues; Smartphone; Silver Pendant)
- Examine Smartphone. (Result: Unlocked Phone; New Suspect: Melissa Simorangkir)
- Talk to Melissa why is her phone is in the victim's office. (Prerequisite: Smartphone unlocked)
- Examine Silver Pendant. (New Suspect: Iwan Sastromingkoso)
- Ask Iwan about his relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Iwan identified)
- Analyze Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer uses sunscreen)
- Analyze Threat (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer plays the piano)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Try and convince Principal Selina to gain permission to investigate the crime. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Profile updated: Idha uses sunscreen; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Classroom)
- Investigate Classroom. (Prerequisite: Idha interrogated; Clues: Engineering Book, Bloody Cup, Faded Photo)
- Examine Engineering Book. (Result: Dimas Raffly; New Suspect: Dimas Raffly)
- Ask Professor Raffly what was his book doing in the victim's classroom. (Prerequisite: Dimas identified; Profile updated: Dimas plays the piano)
- Examine Bloody Cup. (Result: Brown Substance)
- Analyze Brown Substance. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks ice tea)
- Examine Faded Photo (Result: Family Photo)
- Grill Melissa what was her actual relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Melissa identified on photo; Profile updated: Melissa plays the piano)
- Investigate Victim's Desk. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Faded Paper)
- Examine Faded Paper. (Result: Arrest Warrant)
- Analyze Arrest Warrant. (09:00:00)
- Interrogate Maruf why did the victim filed an arrest warrant on him. (Prerequisite: Arrest Warrant analyzed; Profile Updated: Maruf uses sunscreen, plays the piano, and drinks iced tea)
- Go to Chapter 3. (no stars)
- Investigate Teacher's Desk. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Stained Fried Rice, Files, Love Letter)
- Examine Stained Fried Rice. (Result: Laxatives)
- Ask Iwan why did he laced the victim's meal with laxatives. (Prerequisite: Laxatives identified under microscope; Profile Updated: Iwan uses sunscreen, plays the piano, and drinks iced tea)
- Examine Files. (Result: Paperwork)
- Analyze Paperwork. (09:00:00)
- Inquire Principal Selina about firing the victim. (Prerequisite: Paperwork analyzed; Profile Updated: Idha plays the piano, and drinks iced tea)
- Examine Love Letter. (Result: Gold Flakes)
- Examine Gold Flakes. (Result: Glitter)
- Ask Professor Raffly why did he sent a love letter to the victim. (Prerequisite: Glitter identified under microscope; Profile Updated: Dimas uses sunscreen and drinks iced tea)
- Investigate School Bus. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Handkerchief, Broken Glasses)
- Examine Handkerchief. (Result: Fibers)
- Analyze Fibers. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears blue)
- Examine Broken Glasses. (Result: Glasses)
- Analyze Glasses. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has freckles)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Hacking the Bad Blood (1/5). (no stars)
Hacking the Bad Blood (1/5)
- Seek the Chief about the assignment. (Available after unlocking Hacking the Bad Blood)
- Ask what Melissa wants from the team. (Prerequisite: Firdaus interrogated)
- Investigate Classroom. (Prerequisite: Melissa interrogated; Clues: Broken Portrait)
- Examine Broken Portrait. (Result: Assembled Portrait)
- Deliver the portrait back to Melissa for the vigil. (Prerequisite: Portrait restored; Reward: Garuda Academy Badge)
- Get some spicy information from Commissioner Yew. (Available after unlocking Hacking the Bad Blood; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Parking Lot. (Prerequisite: Daniel interrogated; Clues: Newspaper Clip)
- Analyze Newspaper Clip. (03:00:00)
- Interrogate the Inoshige-gumi oyabun about his involvement with the Trojan King. (Prerequisite: Newspaper Clip analyzed)
- Attend the vigil. (All tasks before must be done first; Reward: 20,000 coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (no stars)