|Have an image of this character?|
Then please upload it!
|Full name||James Marsden|
|Cause of death||Blast injuries|
|Family||Stephanie Marsden (wife) †|
|Appears in||Criminal Case|
|First appeared||Case #59: Out Like a Light|
|“||You can't live your life in fear, <Rank> <Name>. I have to look after the people, I refuse to hide in the face of danger.||„|
James Marsden (1971-2020), appearing as a recurring character in Season 3 of Criminal Case, was a suspect in the murder investigations of four people and a quasi-suspect in Cloak and Dagger (Case #25 of Explore the World) and The City of Demons (Case #31 of Explore the World). He also made a minor appearance in Out Like a Light (Case #59 of Rusthollow) before being murdered in Truth and Justice (Case #37 of Explore the World).
Events of Criminal Case
Killer and Motives
The killer would turn out to be United States Vice President Annelyse Smythe.
Annelyse confessed to the crime, congratulating the pair on their handiwork. Before they could handcuff her, Annelyse laughed at them, shooting the light in the room and fleeing. Imran then told them that he'd spotted Annelyse running in the direction of the rooftop, prompting them to race after her. Up on the roof, Riya ordered Annelyse to step away from the edge. Annelyse then replied that they were the mastermind behind the drug operation, using the anarchist gang as their puppets. When asked why she wanted a hallucinogenic drug in circulation, Annelyse told them that the hallucinations were an unintended side effect of the drug, revealing the drug had a much greater purpose. She also told them they wanted the President dead and, after she placed a bomb inside James' pin and detonated it, leaked the news to the press to cause further panic. She also bombed James' office to destroy the evidence that James had put Annelyse under surveillance. Riya then demanded why Annelyse did all this and who "they" were, prompting her to respond that there was so much she didn't know. Annelyse then stepped closer to the edge of the building and told them to remember one thing: it's not the fall that kills you, but the landing. To the pair's horror, Annelyse then stepped off the edge and plummeted to her death below.
- Out Like a Light (Case #59 of Rusthollow)
- In Shock and Awe (Case #14 of The North American Adventure; mentioned)
- Smoke Signals (Case #21 of Explore the World)
- Cloak and Dagger (Case #25 of Explore the World)
- The City of Demons (Case #31 of Explore the World)
- Cards on the Table (Case #32 of Explore the World)
- Everything's Bloodier in Texas (Case #33 of Explore the World; mentioned)
- A Piece of Cake (Case #34 of Explore the World)
- Death in the Fast Lane (Case #35 of Explore the World; mentioned)
- Crime Square (Case #36 of Explore the World)
- Truth and Justice (Case #37 of Explore the World)