|Initial release date||October 24th, 2020|
|Partner(s)||Andrew Baker (All Chapters)|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Swim and Sink||Down Six Feet Under|
|“||On the search for the ever-elusive Alesandro, a man playing a game with death has at last lost. However as we investigate, there is more than what meets the eye. Will you be able to solve this fishy case?||„|
After learning more about Alesandro’s plans to leave town and of Carol Morgan’s possible involvement with Willow’s disappearance, Andrew and the player were sent to investigate a murder that once again happened near the sea. Once arriving at the scene, they had found the body of a young stuntman named André Maybank, speckles of blood on his flesh and water, the people all around screaming as red-bellied piranhas surrounded the water.
They had called in for help in clearing the waters and in doing so collected the victim’s body, his dufflebag, and a recording camera set up pointing in the water’s direction. Inside the dufflebag, they had found a torn piece of paper, which they had repaired for it to reveal a set of musical notes belonging to a violinist by the name of Neema Mwangi. Andrew and the player questioned the young woman, where she admitted that André had always been a mischievous person, taking dares seriously and pulling pranks for no reason, which had angered her. They then managed to figure out that the camera recorded André jumping into the water and the fish then appearing out of nowhere, the person recording turning out to be familiar rich kid Charles Charleston. The young man admitted that André was one of his friends and they were recording for a project the duo shared together, but when Charles noticed the piranha’s that swam at the stuntman and bit him, he had panicked and ran away from the scene, scared to jump in or witness any more. He did, however, mention that he had seen André arguing with someone at Coral Shack, a beach store off the side of Cosmic Corals.
Per Charles’ advice, they investigated the shack and discovered a tie clip and a float with spots of flakes on it, the former being found to belong to previously suspected socialite Bram Hoffman. When asked about André, Bram claimed that he knew nothing about who the victim was and had only gone to the beach store to buy himself a new fishing rod, as he and his father had always gone on fishing trips, and wanted to savor one more before the summer ended.
Soon after, Zachary approached the duo, explaining that he had discovered André had visited the Cosmic Aquarium hours prior to his murder, where he was kicked out for disruptive behavior.
After arriving at the aquarium, the detectives learned that André had pulled off pranks in the area before and made a few of the visitors uncomfortable, causing his ban from entering the premises. They had also discovered evidence pointing to gothic girl Aurora Cummings after finding her pendant in the aquarium, which was covered with her fingerprints along with those of the victim. As she was interrogated, Aurora said that she and André used to date a long time ago, but André always had “trouble letting go of the past”, in her words, which is why he tried getting her to the aquarium since she was knowledgable of marine life, and explained that the pendant had been a gift from the victim years ago. She already had her own girlfriend, however, and didn’t want to keep it around for much longer, which is when she gave it back to him. The pair also revealed clues to suspect fashion model Kimora Ling upon finding her handmirror in the scene along with a photo of her and André together. Kimora shed a tear over the news and clarified that she and André were friends from college, and the two had always supported each other in their dreams, André even getting Kimora motivated enough to go to the fashion school of her dreams and Kimora helping him score a job as the cashier of Coral Shack.
Upon learning the new information, they investigated the Coral Shack once more, looking through the registers and finding new evidence against volcanologist Wendy Herbert when her goggles were discovered. She sighed upon the revelation of André’s death and admitted that André was her half-son, but had only gotten in contact with him during the last week, where he wanted nothing to do with her. She had offered to take him fishing, hiking, or visiting her at work, but he preferred to keep his distance, and Wendy now expressed her sorrow for losing the chance to get to know him. Andrew and the player also found a ranting letter written by André, in which he explained finding out that Charles had been trash-talking him behind his back. They confronted the young man, who put a nervous hand on his neck and asked them how they found out about that, then owning up to it and saying that he disliked André’s impulsive behavior, an example being from when the two went on a fishing trip, but even then, he had never hated André or wished him dead, as he was genuinely a good friend.
Later on, they had discovered due to a book about piranhas being found in the aquarium that the killer was female, per Anthony’s analyses. Wendy then approached them though, saying she had something to confess.
The detectives asked Wendy what she had to say, and she admitted that she hadn’t been entirely honest. On the day of André’s murder, she had been hiking up a mountain but had quickly left when she was ushered to by a strange red-haired woman, which made Andrew scratch his chin. Afterward, she had seen André and followed him to the aquarium where he had conversed with plenty of people, but mainly one who argued and threatened to kill him, which is what led to him being banned from the aquarium. They searched the crime scene again to find a defaced poster of Neema Mwangi’s performance by André, and they told the violinist about said poster, who claimed that André only liked to pick on her for no apparent reason and he got off on it, but she never let that hold her down, as she had better things to do such as study up on marine creatures or go fishing. The two also found Kimora’s makeup powder, stained with tears and all mushed-up. The fashion model clarified that she and André had gotten into a fight mere moments before his death, and hurtful words were exchanged, but she had never planned to stay mad at him forever.
As Andrew and the player finished their interrogations, the detective nodded and explained that the only thing left to do was go back to near the scene of the crime and find more evidence to put away André’s killer, who turned out to be Kimora Ling.
They confronted Kimora about her best friend’s murder, which she first initially denied. However as Andrew had shown the evidence against her, she snapped, admitting to the murder within a matter of seconds. Andrew had narrowed his eyes and asked what prompted her to murder the person she called her best friend, and Kimora exclaimed that André had ruined her chances of actually getting into the school of her dreams. One day, after spending the entirety of the week, all day and night making her submission and receiving her new design, André had entered their loft, a drunken mess. Kimora had tried to get him into bed, but the stuntman had reacted aggressively, going a ramble on how he didn’t actually want Kimora to go to her fashion school, as it had been in a faraway city and he’d miss her, and he begged her to stay. She did not listen, though, which soon, in a matter of seconds, prompted André to take a drink and pour it all over the dress she was supposed to wear on the catwalk. Kimora explained how saddened and angry she was after that, especially considering the fact that André had no recollection of it or refused to apologize, and it was then where her anger had clouded her mind and she devised a plan to get her revenge. She clarified how she had subtly cut a wound into Andre’s arm right before his stunt, knowing that he would still jump in for the camera anyway. She had also made his clothes reek of fish, where she would after fish up the piranhas, place them in a safe place, and discreetly release them near the docked boats, knowing the scent of fish and André’s fresh blood would attract the school of them. Kimora watched from afar as they tore into André’s flesh, and the only thought that had crossed her mind was that André deserved it after ruining everything she worked hard for. Andrew then arrested her and took her to Judge Davis, who reviewed the evidence and told the fashion model that although André may have done something out of line, it was no excuse to murder such a charming young man, as knuckle-headed as he may be. He then proceeded to sentence her to 12 years in prison.
As trial concluded, Bram approached the detectives with a blush and said that he had something to say to Andrew.
Bram scratched the back of his neck and his cool posture into something of flushness and he suddenly realized that whatever he wanted to show had been missing from his hand. Before Andrew could react, Bryce pushed his way through and nudged Andrew away, saying he could tell what was going on and wanted to help. With Andrew gone, the socialite nervously chuckled and put a hand on his neck, explaining that he wanted to ask the senior detective out on a date and had laid eyes on him ever since they spoke back during Roman’s murder investigation. Bryce shot Bram a wink and said that despite Andrew’s arrogance, he was a softie at heart, and he’d happily help set them up if it meant Andrew would learn to be more appreciative of the small things in life and less grumpy. Bram made clear that he had wanted to be old-fashioned and give Andrew a bouquet, as he had also not had much experience with dating, but had realized he no longer had the bouquet on him. Bryce had asked him where he last remembered and where he had gone throughout the day, and they were eventually able to track the bouquet attached with a card next to it, that they restored in the following moments.
Once they had given the flowers and card back to Bram, he suddenly began to let the nerves get the better of him, which was weird of him given his often easy approach to socializing, and figured that Andrew would respond coldly and reject him anyway, where Bryce stepped in and gave Bram a comforting smile. He reassured that life was short enough as is, proven by his multiple murder investigations, and that he should take chances whenever he sees them and jump into them, whether it’ll end in rejection or not, since he’ll never know if one day he’d regret it. The socialite sighed and told Bryce that although he seemed to be right, Bram had no idea what to do when it came to dating. Sure, being a rich and well-known man and the son of a powerful figure was enough to make him stand out and have people wanting to be with him, and he may have had a few dinners with people, but it had never been anything more than that. He struggled being his true self with others as his father usually had made him put on a facade when going to social events all throughout his life, and at times, it seemed like he didn’t even know his own interests. Bryce however replied to him with words of encouragement, though a bit rough, given the way he used to train the people during his days of instructing martial arts. With Bryce’s help, Bram was able to work up the courage to approach Andrew, and finally said he was ready.
They approached Andrew, who had been waiting impatiently and when finally seeing the trio, asked what took so long. Bryce gave Andrew a subtle wink and nudged Bram closer, who took a deep breath and brought out the flowers from behind his back. With a slowly-growing-steady breath, Bram had asked Andrew to go out on a date with him and give him a chance as he smiled with a blush. Andrew’s face turned into a deep shade of red and asked why Bram wanted to go on a date with him, where the young man responded that he had grown butterflies in his stomach the first time they interacted and Andrew had been surprisingly kind to him, along with Andrew’s cool and steadfast attitude. Bram wanted to at least give it a shot and see where it went as he really liked him. From behind, Bryce had given Andrew a look that motioned him aggressively to accept, making the senior detective have no choice but to accept awkwardly out of embarrassment. The socialite beamed at Andrew’s sudden response and smiled in a way that would light up any room, biting his bottom lip and thanking Andrew for accepting.
The two had worked out the details soon after and once Bram had left, Andrew fumed at Bryce and asked why he had pressured the other into accepting Bram’s offer, where Bryce rolled his eyes and told Andrew that he needed to lighten up, that there was more to life than alcohol and Sun Chips. Andrew had groaned and mentioned about blowing Andrew off, where Bryce (mostly) jokingly punched him in the arm and said that doing so would crush Bram’s spirits and be a jerk move. Eventually, Andrew sighed and accepted to go with Bram on a date, but that they’d regret it for subjecting Bram to that and they’d owe him one. He did however say that he had been meaning to question Wendy about a report of a red-haired woman she had seen lurking around the mountains but now he had to learn what one exactly does on a date, and Bryce reassured him, letting him know that he’d take care of it with the player.
Upon finding Wendy once more, she greeted Bryce with a smile and a joke, the two holding a smooth conversation and able to understand each other easily. Although being unable to match the same person with a picture of Willow, Wendy told them that she had last seen the hooded woman near the docked boats around the crime scene, Bryce thanking her and telling her to come to them if she remembered anything else or if she needed help grieving. At the docks, they had found, much to their surprise, a bracelet identical to the one that Willow had worn during Austin’s murder, which they quickly inspected to find traces of purple hair. A run through the database had helped Eugene determine the person who the strands belonged to, and that had been a young barista named Jacob Mathison.
Jacob had addressed them skeptically and asked what they wanted, and Bryce went straight to the point by asking why Jacob had his hair on a bracelet belonging to a missing person. The young barista waved a dismissive hand and said that he had found the bracelet on his way home, but had dropped it in the fray once he realized someone had been murdered not that far away. He did however recall Willow’s case, and had done his own research on his own spare time from school and work, and had stored it all in his computer chip, which he had suddenly realized he had lost, and he began to panic. Bryce motioned him to calm down and recall where he thought he lost it, and Jacob said that he could only imagine the aquarium, but he was no longer allowed to go there. With a nod, Bryce and the player had gone to the aquarium and discovered the missing computer chip, an “O” engraved onto it, though looking as if it had a smudged line through it.
Returning to Jacob once again had caused him to take the chip and ask if they could give him privacy, Bryce responding that he’d rather them watch him do it. With a nervous flush, the barista nodded and turned on his computer, but the screen had immediately glitched out and turned black, flickering with speckles of green. He had tried to turn it back on, but it only gave no signs of life...and then it had cackled and smoke emitted from its base. Jacob grimaced and attempted to salvage the computer chip, but that had ultimately failed, as it had been fried as well. Jacob sighed and scratched his head, replying that unfortunately everything he ever had was gone now, but he had to get ready for his shift in half an hour. Bryce shook his head and looked back at the screen, flashing Tørrent’s signature logo, prompting him to respond that the hacker’s true intentions only got more confusing the more time had passed, but most of all, he needed a break, and he knew exactly how to do that…
- André Maybank (cause of death unknown)
- The killer knows about marine life.
- The killer knows how to fish.
- The killer is female.
- The killer has A- blood.
- The killer wears ruby accessories.
|Seafront||Docked Boats||Seafront Bonus|
|Coral Shack||Register||Coral Shack Bonus|
|Aquarium||Resting Area||Aquarium Bonus|
- Investigate Seafront. (Clues: Victim’s Body, Victim’s Dufflebag, Camera)
- Examine Victim’s Dufflebag. (Result: Torn Paper)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Notes; New Suspect Neema Mwangi)
- Ask Neema Mwangi about the victim stealing her notes. (Prerequisite: Notes repaired)
- Examine Camera. (Result: Unlocked Footage)
- Analyze Unlocked Footage. (06:00:00; New Suspect: Charles Charleston)
- Question Charles Charleston about recording the victim’s stunt. (Prerequisite: Footage analyzed; New Crime Scene: Coral Shack)
- Investigate Coral Shack. (Prerequisite: Charles interrogated; Clues: Float, Tie Clip)
- Examine Float. (Result: Flakes)
- Examine Tie Clip. (New Suspect: Bram Hoffman)
- See if Bram Hoffman knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Tie Clip examined)
- Analyze Flakes. (03:00:00; The killer knows how to fish)
- Autopsy Victim’s Body. (18:00:00; The killer knows about marine life)
- Go on to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Aquarium. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Pendant, Handmirror, Book)
- Examine Pendant. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (03:00:00; New Suspect: Aurora Cummings)
- Interrogate Aurora Cummings about the victim having touched her pendant. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed; Profile updated: Aurora Cummings knows about marine life)
- Examine Handmirror. (Result: Picture; New Suspect: Kimora Ling)
- Tell Kimora Ling about the victim. (Prerequisite: Picture found; New Crime Scene: Register)
- Investigate Register. (Prerequisite: Kimora interrogated; Clues: Torn Pieces, Faded Paper)
- Examine Torn Pieces. (Result: Goggles; New Suspect: Wendy Herbert)
- Talk to Wendy Herbert. (Prerequisite: Goggles repaired; Profile updated: Wendy Herbert knows about marine life and knows how to fish)
- Examine Faded Paper. (Result: Sad Letter)
- Confront Charles Charleston about talking behind the victim’s back. (Prerequisite: Sad Letter revealed; Profile updated: Charles Charleston knows about marine life and how to fish)
- Examine Book. (Result: Handwriting)
- Analyze Handwriting. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer is female)
- Go on to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- See what Wendy Herbert has to say. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; New Crime Scene: Resting Area)
- Investigate Resting Area. (Prerequisite: Wendy interrogated; Clues: Makeup Power, Defaced Poster)
- Analyze Makeup Powder. (03:00:00)
- Ask Kimora Ling about what really happened in the aquarium. (Prerequisite: Makeup Powder analyzed; Profile updated: Kimora Ling knows about marine life and knows how to fish)
- Examine Defaced Poster. (Result: Face Match)
- Question Neema Mwangi about the victim’s harsh words. (Prerequisite: Fatch matched; Profile updated: Neema Mwangi knows about marine life and how to fish)
- Investigate Docked Boats. (All tasks above must be completed; Clues: Bait, Fishing Rod)
- Examine Bloody Bait. (Result: Blood)
- Examine Fishing Rod. (Result: Particles)
- Analyze Blood. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has A- blood)
- Analyze Particles. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears ruby accessories)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to A Storm is Coming (3/6)
A Storm is Coming (3/6)
- Hear what Bram Hoffman has to say. (Available after unlocking A Storm is Coming)
- Investigate Coral Shack. (Prerequisite: Bram interrogated; Clue: Torn Letter and Flowers)
- Examine Torn Letter. (Result: Love Letter)
- Return the flowers to Bram Hoffman. (Prerequisite: Love Letter restored)
- Set up Bram Hoffman and Andrew Baker. (Prerequisite: Bram interrogated; Reward: Cupid Headband)
- Speak to Wendy Herbert about her hiking trip. (All tasks above must be completed; Reward: 20,000 coins)
- Investigate Docked Boats. (Prerequisite: Wendy interrogated; Clue: Willow’s Bracelet)
- Examine Willow’s Bracelet. (Result: Purple Hair)
- Analyze Purple Hair. (09:00:00)
- Talk to Jacob Mathison about Willow. (Prerequisite: Hair analyzed)
- Investigate Aquarium. (Prerequisite: Jacob interrogated; Clue: “Lost and Found” Box)
- Examine “Lost and Found” Box. (Result: Computer Chip)
- Make Jacob Mathison show what’s on his Computer Chip. (Prerequisite: Computer Chip uncovered; Reward: Burger)
- Go on to a new case! (1 star)