Hidden Missions is the title of the fan-fiction tenth instalment of the Criminal Case series. It sets in the city of Acropolis.
In this season, the player was recruited as a special agent for the Acropolis Special Intelligence, the elite investigating unit tasked to deal with high profile crimes in the city.
There are sixty-six cases to be investigated in this season, with eleven districts to explore with six cases each.
(Main article: Acropolis)
Acropolis is the main setting of this season of Criminal Case, it is a modern city that is divided to eleven districts with sixty-six murder cases to solve. Throughout the journey, the player accompanies the Acropolis Special Intelligence as a fellow special agent.
|This section will be continually edited by the author as the series develops. Keep in mind there are spoilers in this section, as it is the "behind the scenes" feature of my series.|
- The original name of this series was Justice Department, but then I was inspired to make an espionage theme on the series, rather than a normal "murder mystery" game. Although, technically Save The World was espionage themed, I wanted to scale down to specifics in this series.
- Originally, there were twelve districts with seventy-two cases in total for this season.
- There were four districts from the draft that were replaced in the final layout:
- Memorial Bay - was replaced with Eternity Resort. I just thought that the story arc and the district itself was just bland and unnecessary.
- Chinatown - replaced with Lunar Fields. I thought I could include space-related mystery into this series. This was a tough sacrifice as Chinatown's story arc was rather hectic.
- Sycamore Groves - replaced with Main Street. The story arc of this district just doesn't go with the entire plot line.
- Town Of Wisterias - replaced with Fort Caltrax. Originally a twin district of Sycamore Grove, I decided to make it a prison district instead. The name was inspired by both Fort Knox and Alcatraz Isle.
- Crown Estates - removed, it's slowing down the pace of the story.
- There were two districts from the draft that were renamed for the final layout:
- Kingston University - used to be just Kings University. I decided to make it a parody of Princeton University.
- Citadel Avenue - formerly Prosperity Lane. I thought this name sounded more modern.
- Acropolis Airport - used to be Uptown Acropolis, I thought it would be interesting to see an airport case straight up first in a season.
- Capital Point - used to be Heart of Acropolis, but I thought it was rather long. I know it sounds similar to Capitol Hill in Mysteries of the Past.
- Polaris Square - formerly Lunar Fields, it sounds more appealing.