|Going Down in Flames|
|Initial release date||12th January 2021|
|Partner(s)||Violetta Rose (Chapters 1-3) |
Lena Petersson & Stella Mercury (Uncovering the Isles' Darkside 6)
Marko Salminen (1 task in Uncovering the Isles' Darkside 6)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Nightmares of Traumatic Memories||Strategies Behind the Screen|
|“||It's time to go back to Scotland in order to find out Kevin Pryde's connection with the terrorist attacks around the isles, but while having a stroll around the streets of Edinburg, the team finds a plane which gets crashed, causing the pilot to die, obviously- but wait, there's nuclear missiles inside the plane, so is it something the team overlooked or it's just a part of a plan?||„|
Going Down in Flames is a case featured in Criminal Case as the sixth case of Mysterious Secrets of Europe (Season 2) and the sixty-second case overall. It is the sixth case to take place in the British Isles region.
As MI6 agent Ivana Harper advised the EASD to go to Edinburgh in order to find out notorious weapon dealer Kevin Pryde's connection with the recent terrorist attacks, Chief Salminen ordered Violetta and the player to search the whole city for clues. So Violetta drove the car through Edinburgh's streets while the player kept an eye on suspicious activities. As the time passed they began to get tired looking around, but suddenly they noticed a plane which had caught fire and was coming down in a high speed, and in the matter of a few seconds it crashed loudly, prompting the team to rush towards the crash site quickly.
It took the team almost ten minutes to reach there but thankfully the local fire brigade had taken the whole situation under control. Seeing that, Violetta and the player decided to investigate how the plane had caught fire, so Violetta went to talk with the fire chief about it as the player waited behind. After a few minutes, the player saw that the firefighters were evacuating the place as Violetta came back whose eyes were wide open. She then informed the player that the firefighters had found the pilot who was obviously dead, and that they could also find some nuclear missiles inside a vault, which was why they'd now leave the scene alone with other people in order to allow the team to search the place. So, the duo waited for a few minutes and then searched the area, soon discovering that the victim was a Scottish air force pilot named Allison Paisley. However, they first went to question stunt pilot Jameson Rice who was furious since the plane belonged to him. Feeling disgusted, Jameson revealed he had bumped into Allison a few times and that he had seen her going to the observatory earlier that day. Following his words, the team then went to the observatory where they flagged university student Cassie Brown and Swedish tech savvy Stella Mercury as suspects since Cassie and Allison had a fight after the former had accidentally mistaken Allison's earpiece as hers, while Stella had briefly dated the victim until she started to find her suspicious. Anyway, Violetta also indirectly delivered Lyall Buckley's message to Cassie, making her wonder what it could mean given she didn't disclose the meaning. In the meantime, Nicholas informed the team that the killer had died mainly due to blood loss and that he could determine the killer knew explosives. He then scratched his face and continued by saying that they were very lucky the vault was strong enough to take the hit caused by the explosives and that according to Mikhail the missiles were capable of vaporizing the whole city.
Soon afterwards, the team were approached by assassin Lucy Nightingale, who said that she had some leads which might help them solving their investigation. So, the team questioned Lucy who assured them that she was with them and that she had seen the victim going to the Edinburgh castle the previous day. Hearing so, the team went to the castle where they came to know that MI6 informant Elsie Thompson was following the victim for a few days. Later on, after finding out the killer had used a remote controller to blow the explosives, the team also discovered that Allison had insulted Jameson by saying he could never be a "real" pilot and that he'd always be underrated like his father who was a stunt performer which angered the pilot a lot, and that Allison was the one who was helping someone to track down Cassie although the student couldn't explain why'd someone follow her.
While recapping the case, Kristoff informed the team that someone had spread the news on the internet about Allison being a criminal. Violetta asked him who had done it, and Lena explained the person kept their identity totally hidden and that even she couldn't find out who it was before telling the team to go to the castle since the news was posted there. So, the team returned to the castle and discovered that Stella had gathered some information about Allison's past which allowed her to determine that the pilot was actually an informant working for someone behind the scenes. When questioned about the post, Stella said that she had just pointed out what was true and that they were welcome. Anyway, it was revealed that Lucy had an argument with the victim after the assassin had caught her meeting with weapon dealer Storm Lawrence which raised her suspicion, and that Elsie believed they should've arrested Allison and tried to convince MI6 director Madison Walker to do so.
After searching the crash site once again, Violetta and the player found the clues required to arrest Elsie for Allison's murder.
Wondering why'd an MI6 informant blow a plane carrying nuclear missiles and risk the whole city to get vaporized, the team confronted Elsie who tried to deny but as Violetta kept pressuring her, she cracked eventually and admitted to the murder. She then smirked, saying that she was actually a mole and that her task was to ensure that Allison could drop the missiles on the city in order to destroy it totally. Pointing her gun, Violetta asked who had ordered her to do so and what was her connection with Allison, and she replied she wouldn't tell them anything and that they were still standing there because there was a mistake in their timings, disallowing Allison to drop the missiles. However, as she muttered it was sad how a valuable agent like Allison had died, Violetta asked whom did she work for and she laughed, replying that the agent shouldn't be much curious given it might be her downfall, causing Violetta to snap and ask her about the MI6's condition. Elsie grinned and said that the MI6 was in its worst condition right then given there were a lot of double agents under the disguise of MI6 agents and that their next game would continue in London where PM Clifford Fletcher would give a speech, before she laughed again and continued by saying that the EASD would never be able to stop their plan despite having a warning. Violetta got skeptical and asked what their plan was, but Elsie winked and said that they'd need to wait and watch as Violetta handcuffed her and took her to the international court where Judge Martin sentenced her to 45 years in jail for the murder and for having a possible connection with the terrorist attacks.
Post-trial, Violetta informed Chief Salminen about Elsie's motive and how the MI6 was compromised, and he replied they'd need to tell Madison about it, but Violetta wondered if there was something wrong with Madison herself as the director called Chief Salminen, saying they had caught conspiracy theorist Adrian Horsepower for creating an army in deep web to spread anarchy against Clifford and that per his posts, Violetta was also helping him, causing the agent to swear she didn't do or know anything, but Madison then cut the call before saying that she'd arrest her as well. Surprised, Chief Salminen said he believed Violetta and that he'd check out the matter, as Lena approached the team and said that she might have found some connection among the attacks.
First off, Marko, Violetta and the player went to see Madison who took all of them to her room, willing to question the junior agent personally. So, she sat on her chair and showed Ad's laptop, allowing them to see clearly that what Madison had claimed about Ad spreading rumors in deep web about Clifford was true and that Violetta was his sidekick. Violetta facepalmed, saying she didn't even go to deep web in her whole life, let alone helping someone as Stella approached them and called Madison as auntie Madison, making the trio a little surprised. However, Madison explained Stella was the daughter of her best friend, Heather Mercury, prompting Marko to explain Heather was actually the director of Swedish Security Service. Anyway, Stella asked Madison about Ad, and Madison replied how'd she know about him, and she said that Ad was her friend and she believed Ad was too awkward to build a whole army by himself. Madison then showed her the proofs, but she asked her to let her check the data. As Madison nodded after thinking a bit, Stella leaned on the laptop and searched around before she started to laugh hard. Madison asked why was she laughing, and Stella replied it was because she could confirm Ad wasn't the one who had done it and that the one who was trying to frame him had used one of Ad's famous theories about Clifford being a satanist monkey in order to frame him properly. Stella then said that the person had hacked Ad's account from the observatory and that Violetta had no play in the anti-government movement, and Madison told her to prove it, prompting Stella to get determined and go to the observatory with the player since she explained they could stop her from getting biased in any way. After searching the observatory, Stella and the player found a laptop which they unlocked and sent to Lena. After analysis, Lena revealed that Stella was totally correct since the laptop belonged to MI6 agent Malcolm Bentley and that it was clearly used to hack Ad's account and frame him. With concrete proof, the duo went to leave but Lena hesitated and asked the tech savvy why didn't she analyze it herself, and Stella winked, replying it was because she didn't want to do something which might raise a question. Anyway, they then showed Lena's analysis results to Madison who tried to deny it was false given Malcolm was currently operating a mission in Poland. She then called Malcolm, who didn't answer her at all, leaving her no choice but to trust it and lead the duo to Ad, who seemed unaware about what Stella had done to get him released as he started to explain his latest theory to her right when he saw her, however, Stella then took him out as Ad muttered the world was too stupid to recognize and value an intelligent conspiracy theorist like him. As they left, recalling Stella's warnings about the MI6 being very compromised given Malcolm's possible connection with the framing, a disgusted Madison went to her room and informed Violetta that she was free to go.
Meanwhile, the player went to meet Lena who informed them that she had found out Kevin's headquarter which was actually the crash site. Lena then said that Elsie hadn't told them anything about the dynamites, instead just mentioned a fault in their timings, meaning it was intentional for Elsie to blow the plane so it could crash and destroy every sign of Kevin's headquarter. The player got her point and suggested they should search the site nonetheless, and Lena nodded as they went there and searched the area. Soon, they found a broken radio and a remote controller which was similar to the one Elsie had used to blow the plane, prompting them to fix the radio as Lena took it to analyze. After a few hours, Lena said that it was Elsie's personal radio and that she had to set a special frequency to retrieve a message which instructed Elsie to get late nuclear physics professor Burke Wesley's formula from Irish interpreter Brandon Stewart. Lena recalled how they had met Brandon a while ago and wondered how'd he get Burke's formula of a destructive device given British bank cashier Harold Flynn had claimed they had got it. Lena then called Brandon, who asked her a lot of questions to ensure she meant no harm, before ordering the duo to meet him at the Edinburgh castle. So, Lena and the player met Brandon at the castle who came up wearing a disguise, claiming someone was following him before explaining Burke had suspected someone might kill him for the formula and sent it to Brandon since he was one of most favourite and trusted students like Genevieve Merrills before keeping a fake copy to himself. Brandon said that he'd be glad to give it to the EASD and added that he had to put the formula inside someone's luggage to avoid getting caught with it, prompting the duo to search around. Soon, they found the luggage which contained the formula, but seeing them rummaging through his luggage, a guy came running and asked what they were up to. Lena then introduced herself and explained the situation, as the guy understood them, introducing himself as French fortune teller Avan de la Vega. Lena smiled, and said that it was nice meeting him and Avan scratched his head, asking her if she wanted him to tell her about her fortune. Lena muttered that she didn't much trust in them but Avan winked, saying she'd never know until she tried it. So, Lena extended her hand, allowing Avan to take it and blush slightly, before he said that he could see Lena would have an amazing future ahead. Lena then smiled and thanked him, and he said it was no problem as they said goodbye to each other.
Again, Lena determined that Elsie had two controllers- one to blow the missiles and another to explode the dynamites. Lena told the player to be careful given a single click on the button would destroy the whole city and that she'd defuse it with Mikhail as the player lifted up some fingerprints which turned out to be Lucy's. So, they went to question her about it given she had a deal with Interpol about not murdering anyone in future in exchange of immunity from her past crimes. When confronted, Lucy said that she had actually disallowed Elsie from using the controller by stealing and hiding it, and that it was time for her to go back since the situation was getting treacherous and that she believed Clifford was behind everything that was going on around British isles before adding someone had to stand and stop him before he became inevitable and innocent people died. Lena could figure what she could mean and tried to reason with her, saying murder was never a solution but Lucy said it was too late before she used a smoke bomb and went away. Fearing the worst, Lena grabbed her hair and said that they should have had stopped Lucy before but that it might to really too late now.
Back to the station, recalling what Elsie had said and the recent events, Violetta wondered why'd someone want to frame her, as Lena informed Chief Salminen that they had got Burke's formula, causing Ethan to say in wonder that she could even work as a field agent. Lena laughed and thanked him before informing the worst part- that Lucy was on the loose since she wouldn't stop until she murdered Clifford, as Sav said that Clifford was supposed to address the whole country in London about the tensions around region and how he wasn't behind any of those, so they should go there quickly and stop her. Ashley muttered that they couldn't trust MI6 at all now, even if Prince Christian and Clifford were, and Ellie, who was sitting beside Cassie (whom Violetta had brought to the station to ensure her safety), said things were escalating quickly given Lyall would be there too, and Violetta replied that Lucy was right- it was time to put an end to everything, and that that was exactly what they'd do in London.
- Allison Paisley (Died as her plane caught fire and crashed)
- Elsie Thompson
- The killer plays Dragons & Dungeons.
- The killer knows explosives.
- The killer has a cat.
- The killer has brown hair.
- The killer sports eyeshadow.
|Crash Site||Broken Plane||Crash Site Bonus|
|Observatory||Astronomy Tower||Observatory Bonus|
|Edinburgh Castle||Souvenir Shops||Edinburgh Castle Bonus|
- Investigate Crash Site. (Clues: Victim's Body, Goggles, Torn Card; Victim identified: Allison Paisley)
- Examine Goggles. (Result: Sweat)
- Examine Sweat. (New Suspect: Jameson Rice)
- Question Jameson Rice about the plane and the murder. (New Crime Scene Unlocked: Observatory; Prerequisite: Sweat examined under the microscope)
- Investigate Observatory. (Clues: Broken MP4, Victim's Handbag; Prerequisite: Jameson interrogated)
- Examine Broken MP4. (Result: MP4; New Suspect: Cassie Brown)
- Talk with Cassie Brown about the murder and deliver her Lyall's message. (Prerequisite: Broken MP4 examined)
- Examine Victim's Handbag. (Result: Bracelet)
- Examine Bracelet. (Result: Owner Name; New Suspect: Stella Mercury)
- Question Stella Mercury about her relationship with Allison. (Prerequisite: Bracelet examined)
- Examine Torn Card. (Result: ID Card [Note])
- Examine Note. (05:00:00; Attribute: The killer plays Dragons & Dungeons)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer knows explosives)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- See what Lucy Nightingale has to say. (Profile updated: Lucy plays Dragons & Dungeons and knows explosives)
- Investigate Edinburgh Castle. (Clues: Faded Photo, Remote Controller; Prerequisite: Lucy interrogated)
- Examine Faded Photo. (Result: Surveillance Photo)
- Analyze Surveillance Photo. (03:00:00; New Suspect: Elsie Thompson)
- Interrogate about following the victim. (Profile updated: (Elsie plays Dragons & Dungeons and knows explosives)
- Examine Remote Controller. (Result: Little Fragments)
- Analyze Little Fragments. (07:00:00; Result: Cat Food; Attribute: The killer has a cat)
- Investigate Observatory Tower. (Clues: Torn Cap, Cassie's Wristwatch; All tasks before must be done first)
- Examine Torn Cap. (Result: Jameson's Cap)
- Quiz Jameson about his cap getting torn. (Profile updated: Jameson plays Dragons & Dungeons and knows explosives)
- Examine Cassie's Wristwatch. (Result: Tracking Beacon)
- Warn Cassie about her being followed. (Profile updated: Cassie plays Dragons & Dungeons and knows explosives)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Investigate Souvenir Shops. (Clues: High-tech Phone, Torn Paper, Smudged Warrant; Available after unlocking Chapter 3)
- Examine High-tech Phone. (Result: Stella's Phone)
- Analyze Stella's Phone. (05:00:00)
- Quiz Stella about spreading the news of Allison being a criminal informant. (Profile updated: Stella plays Dragons & Dungeons, knows explosives and has a cat)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Lucy's Sketch)
- Question Lucy about trying to find Storm Lawrence. (Profile updated: Cassie has a cat)
- Examine Smudged Warrant. (Result: MI6 Warrant)
- Talk with Elsie about trying to arrest Allison. (Profiles updated: Elsie has a cat; Jameson has a cat)
- Investigate Broken Plane. (Clues: Gloves, Dark Substance; All tasks before must be done first)
- Examine Gloves. (Result: Fibers)
- Analyze Fibers. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has brown hair)
- Examine Tissue. (Result: Dark Substance)
- Analyze Dark Substance. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer sports eyeshadow)
- Take care of the killer now.
- Go to Uncovering the Isles' Darkside (6/7). (No stars)
Uncovering the Isles' Darkside (6/7)
- Talk with Madison Walker to convince her that Violetta isn't helping any army. (Available after unlocking Uncovering the Isles' Darkside 6)
- Investigate Observatory. (Clue: Locked Laptop)
- Examine Locked Laptop. (Result: Unlocked Laptop)
- Analyze Unlocked Laptop. (07:00:00; Result: Malcolm's Laptop)
- Get Adrian Horsepower released from MI6 custody. (Reward: 20000 Coins; Prerequisite: Unlocked Laptop analyzed)
- See what Lena Petersson has found. (Available after unlocking Uncovering the Isles' Darkside 6)
- Investigate Crash Site. (Clues: Broken Radio, Remote Controller; Prerequisite: Lena interrogated)
- Examine Broken Radio. (Result: Elsie's Radio)
- Analyze Elsie's Radio. (08:00:00)
- Meet Brandon Stewart and get Burke Wesley's formula from him. (Prerequisite: Elsie's Radio analyzed)
- Investigate Edinburgh Castle. (Clue: Luggage)
- Examine Luggage. (Result: Device Formula)
- Explain the situation to Avan de la Vega. (Reward: Burger; Prerequisite: Luggage examined)
- Examine Remote Controller. (Result: Lucy's Fingerprints)
- Confront Lucy about her play in the game. (Reward: Bullet Necklace; Prerequisite: Remote Controller examined)
- Move on to a new crime! (No stars)
|V • T • ECases in Mysterious Secrets of Europe|
|British Isles||Underneath Water's Rhythmic Flow • Search for an Assassin • Replaced by Poison • Tranquilized to Death • Nightmares of Traumatic Memories • Going Down in Flames • Strategies Behind the Screen|
|Central Europe||The Musical Mysteries • At Daggers Drawn • Pushed Towards the Extreme • A Frozen Reception • Forgotten Warnings from Future • Secrets Kept in the Dark|
|Scandinavia||TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|
|Russia||TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|
|Eastern Europe||TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|
|Balkans||TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|
|Southwest Europe||TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA • TBA|