|Farewell in Silence|
|Initial release date||18th October 2020|
|Partner(s)||Ivana Harper (All Chapters) |
Abdurrahman Azmy (2 tasks in Battle Against Artificial Intelligence 6)
Eva Littlewood & Susan Parker (1 task in Battle Against Artificial Intelligence 6)
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|Nature's Revenge||Tension Rises Among Friends |
(in Frozen Heights)
Farewell in Silence is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the fifty-second case of the game as well as the city of Alpha Bay, and the final one to take place in the Virtual Utopia district.
Two weeks after the events of the previous case, Susan looked at the date and realized that the President's meeting with the other important politicians was going to take place in less than 10 minutes which would tell them about the ABPD's fate. As the time passed, the others joined her at the breakroom as she turned on the TV where they saw FBI Agent Albert Prince giving a speech about the ABPD's association with criminals and their poor attempt to spread rumor. Although all of them were lies, the politicians seemed to trust Albert's evidences, especially the ones with Newt Darkstone. After almost an hour while the politicians discussed what to do, the team could hear a scream as the reporter showed activist Emma Johnson who was warning the others that there was a bomb just outside the meeting building. Hearing this, the room was quickly evacuated as Chief Prince ordered Susan and the player to go there, right when MI6 Agent Ivana Harper approached them and told Diana that she should investigate the case with disguised player since it wouldn't look good for the ABPD to intervene in the case.
As Chief Prince nodded, Ivana and the player quickly questioned Emma about the bomb's location and she pointed towards the emergency backdoor, saying there was a dead body as well, causing the team to run towards the building's emergency backdoor where they found the bomb, which showed it'd explode in less than 10 minutes, and the ABPD's tech expert Troy Williams lying dead with a gunshot wound inside his mouth. Being sad and shocked at the same time, the player recalled Troy had become very absent-minded recently and that they hadn't seen him and Eva Littlewood that day at all. Wondering if Eva was alright, Ivana said they'd need to hurry and questioned Emma who said she was waiting for the results of the meeting too and suddenly spotted the bomb while walking around. Anyway, the team lifted some fingerprints from the bomb which belonged to Ivana's wife, artist Julia Pryde, prompting them to question her who said that it belonged to her late weapon expert father and that she didn't know how someone found it from their basement. However, Julia's father's training allowed her to disable the bomb, making them relieved for a while. Anyway, Julia's advise then led the team to Troy's childhood foster home which was almost destroyed thanks to the flood. There, the duo found some clues which allowed them to flag CEO Melanie Hamilton and private detective Joseph Huntington since Troy had approached Melanie and asked her about the economy drop's details, while Joseph had noticed the victim earlier that day and found him suspicious, so he followed him but suddenly lost the tracks. Meanwhile, as Eva was absent, Rupert handled the autopsy and said that it was very sad to see Troy like that. He then explained the killer had to be very quick to shoot him inside his mouth and that the killer was right-handed, counting the angle of the wound.
After a while, the team wandered around the district's forest, and suddenly spotted Albert arresting Julia for the murder of Troy, making Ivana furious. Ivana quickly approached him and asked him how he knew Julia was the killer, and he said he would have soon. She then said she couldn't arrest Julia without having any evidence right then, and he replied that he could still arrest her for having the bomb. As Ivana couldn't say anything against it, Albert handcuffed Julia and took her to the FBI custody, prompting the team to act faster in order to prove Julia's innocence. So they searched outside the forest and eventually found Eva who was sitting on a bench and crying. The team asked her what happened and she replied that she had failed Troy by leaving him alone at the building despite being the only person whom he trusted about his secret. Ivana asked what was it about, and she said she didn't know that yet but that she'd inform them about it soon. Being skeptical, the team continued the investigation and soon flagged FBI director Janice Maxwell as a suspect since Troy had called her to see if she could stop the ABPD from getting shut. Besides, it was revealed that 15 years ago, Melanie had joined as a part-time worker in the same foster care where Troy was raised, and one day she noticed Troy who was very sick. That made her adopt him although she was young, but still she took good care of him and eventually he became alright. But suddenly one day little Troy got hit on the head and started to claim Melanie was the one who kept him away from his parents, and tried to even kill himself. Then, Melanie took him to a doctor who said that the wound somehow triggered his past and that it would be better for her to cut every connection with him for his sake. Heartbroken, Melanie gave him to a couple and so Troy could never remember her as his adoptive mother. Again, the team found out that Emma had a fight with Troy since the former believed the ABPD members were trying to spread rumors to make themselves look good.
Soon afterwards, the team got approached by Joseph, who said that they should better prepare if they didn't want to get arrested since the politicians had flagged the ABPD members as fugitives and decided to shut down the ABPD officially. He said that they should quickly go to the hideout near the forest where Eva was waiting for them, prompting the whole team to abandon the department. However, Ivana and the player quickly searched the forest once again and discovered that Troy had researched about Dark Empire the last few days and the message he got two weeks ago told him to come to the meeting building where something special would be waiting for him. Knowing this was a trap, Troy decided to go there after finding out that the organization's leader, Storm was going to kill him themselves for knowing too much, giving the team a chance to expose them. Knowing how Troy shared the secret with only Eva, the team questioned her who said that they didn't want another possible Cascade scenario and that was why they decided not to share it with others before explaining Storm could be anyone given the mantle of Storm was supposed to pass from person to person. Soon, the team also learnt that Troy had approached Julia a few days ago and asked her if she had any connection with the organization, and that Janice told the victim not to bother much about the 1995's events, especially the whereabouts of Scarlett Winters since it wouldn't help him at all. Moreover, the team questioned Albert once again who had told the president to stop foreign agents from investigating in America in order to stop security breach.
Finally, Ivana and the player found all the clues to determine that the infamous Storm was none other than Albert.
The team confronted Albert inside his room at the FBI headquarter who denied being Troy's killer or Storm, and tried to drive them out saying that nothing like Storm even existed. Ivana then pushed him with the evidences, and he finally admitted that he was Storm, the original leader of Dark Empire who built the organization back in 1982 along with Reed Turner aka Lightning. The team realized both Albert and Reed were trying to frame Newt and the other hunters so they could be in the shadow, and Ivana asked her why'd he kill Troy. Albert laughed, saying that the little guy had discovered a lot of secrets which might ruin everything, so he had to die. He then started giving the murder details, saying how Troy tried to disarm the bomb as soon as he saw it. But before he could do so, Albert approached him and pointed his gun at him, and Troy looked at him, saying that he knew his true identity. Albert decided not to give him a chance to close his mouth and shot him, killing him in the process. Ivana said his plans were ruined anyways, now that he'd go behind bars, causing him to laugh and say that the new Lightning was still out there who'd do his works, and that no one would even believe he was Storm. Ivana asked him why would that happen, and he calmly turned on the television where the trio saw a video which was being telecast everywhere. Ivana and the player got shocked seeing how it was featuring Albert and Troy at the emergency backdoor, where Troy died. As the video continued, the team saw Albert pointing the gun at Troy as the latter started smirking and admitted he was the one who was actually behind the android army. He then explained how he and the other ABPD members were conspiring against the government in order to destroy it and build a new world order in its place as Albert started shaking in the footage and asked why they were doing it. Troy replied that all of them wanted power, and that nothing would stop them from gaining that. Ivana screamed at Albert saying it was all lies, and Albert asked her what'd the citizen believe-an MI6 agent and her so-called fugitive friends, or a super realistic video which literally showed that the ABPD members were evil, just like everyone was thinking already. As Ivana couldn't answer that, Albert decided to go out of the room, saying he would be welcomed as a hero for taking care of an anarchist. Ivana asked him how'd he get the footage, and he came near her and said that they were up against artificial intelligence, so they'd have more surprising things to see ahead. He then opened the door and said that he'd be welcomed as a hero, right when Janice approached them and told him that he'd need to go behind bars right then for Troy's murder. Albert raised his eyebrow, asking why'd he need to do so, and she replied that no matter what the motive was, he still murdered a person, so he'd need to answer about that. Albert smirked, and left the place as others took him inside, and Janice then whispered near Ivana that the FBI database got hacked and that the video was released from there, so she didn't believe Albert was innocent and Troy, along with the other ABPD members were guilty, before telling them to be cautious since they were marked for death after the politicians saw the footage, as they took it to be true.
So, Ivana asked her if they could talk in private about that, and Janice nodded before taking the team to her room where she informed that the video had convinced the politicians that they couldn't let the ABPD members roam free as they totally believed they were the ones trying to destroy the city along with her son. Ivana asked her what did she believe, and she replied that she was with the ABPD since she knew Dark Empire existed thanks to the events that had taken place over the past 30 years. Ivana said that they wanted to know about the video's origin, causing Janice to ask her if they were sure since it'd be very risky. Ivana then said they had no choice but to prove themselves right before going to the emergency backdoor with the player where they found a USB key containing the video. Since Troy was dead, the team decided to sent it to Melanie who happily analyzed it for them and said that the hacker was none other than programmer Abdurrahman Azmy. Wondering what role he might have, the team decided to question him and he swore that he wasn't the one who released the video and that it was indeed released from his account but that got hacked earlier that day. Ivana asked why should they believe him, and he replied that Dark Empire was playing "divide and conquer", and was trying to drive their enemies fight against each other. Knowing how Azmy had helped them in the past, the team trusted him who asked a favour. He then said his mother Samira Farid was supposed to meet him earlier that day but that due to the fiasco she couldn't do so, and that he needed their help to find her. So, the team searched the forest where they found a phone which belonged to Samira. They then gave it to Azmy who managed to pinpoint his mother's location, and then the trio went to see her who started screaming at Azmy from the first moment, saying how he shouldn't have left Egypt and ordered him to go back with her right then. Azmy said he couldn't leave now that he got a mission, causing Samira to say he didn't owe anything to the city and that just because a guy who reminded him on his father told him to do something, he didn't need to do so. Azmy snapped, saying that he wouldn't just let the world get destroyed despite knowing he could contribute and that just because she married an American guy who left them 24 years ago didn't mean all Americans were bad. Samira stayed silent a bit and then said that her little son was now an adult and smiled, before wishing him good luck as she went to her hotel room.
Meanwhile, the team went to see Daniel since Ivana was determined to bring Julia out since she was innocent. When asked to release her, Daniel stared at Ivana for a few seconds after hearing the word "wife", causing her to ask if he had any problem. Daniel shook his head and said that he'd let her go once they proved her innocence. So, the team went to search the foster care where they found a broken camcorder and a locked box with a note written by Troy which said only Eva could open it. Firstly, the team restored the camcorder and sent it to Melanie who said that the last footage showed it was Luka who actually stole the bomb from Julia's home, so it'd be enough for the team to prove Julia had no evil intention. They then showed the footage to Daniel, who finally accepted Luka was behind it and ordered to let Julia go. The team then waited for Julia at the parking lot, and after a few minutes she came running and kissed Ivana, saying she was missing her a lot, and Ivana replied that it was alright now that they were together.
Again, the team took the box to Eva who recalled that Troy had told her to memorize a code a few days ago. She then used the code and the box got unlocked, allowing them to see a microchip and another note. Ivana started reading the note where Troy acknowledged Melanie as his true mother although she didn't give his birth. He also wrote it was unfair for him to act bad with her given how much she had cared for him and that some traumatic past wouldn't let him forget all the times they spent together. Finally, he finished the note by telling Eva to let Melanie know that the events from the last weeks had made him remember everything, and that he was forever grateful to her. Eva got sad after hearing this, and said Troy had a brilliant future ahead and it was unfair he had to go so soon before the trio told Melanie about Troy's note, which made her literally cry from happiness. However, the team told her about the microchip and asked if she could analyze it, and she replied she could before analyzing it. Soon, she informed the team that the microchip contained a bank account which was a secret account of Dark Empire and that it had most of the money of the city. She then said she could transfer the whole money to their rightful owners, and that the city's economy was getting normal slowly. She also said a lot of money were missing, so she believed the organization had used it to buy something.
Finally, the team, Melanie, Ivana and Julia gathered around the hideout near the forest where they were thinking what to do ahead. Suddenly, they noticed a jet which quickly headed towards the locked ABPD and threw explosives on it, causing the department to catch fire. Shocked, Ivana and the player went to check it out and saw that the department was totally destroyed, prompting them to search the meeting building for clues. There, they found a bullet fragment which they decided to show it to Anne Sparrow since she had a lot of knowledge about weapons. She said that it was a special type of bullet only used by DE for the hidden project in Frozen Heights, so it was definitely Luka who destroyed the department and that they had to be in that district now. Later, the team informed Chief Prince about their discoveries, and she said that they'd need to go to Frozen heights in order to stop Dark Empire once and for all, although a lot of danger was waiting for them there. Johan said the rest of the city wasn't good for the either, so they had no choice but to go to the district known for Virtual Utopia's wasteland. Susan recalled the snowstorms and others started to say how the cold was terrible there, and Ivana shut all of them down, saying they'd need to do so in order to save the city, or maybe even the world. Susan nodded and said they'd need more people to fight against them as Johan called Tarot Shinebright and Tobias Larsson, while Susan decided to break out Mark Reynolds from prison, saying it would be better to take him there. Besides, Chief Prince also called Joseph, Azmy and Anne and asked them to join. A few minutes later, all of them came back as well as Archie McLoopy, Sophie Gibson and Mina Reynolds who came although Tobias and Mark told the last two not to. Anyways, Susan then said now that ABPD was destroyed, they should rename their team as "Alpha Squadron" and everyone seemed to like it, as Melanie said she'd stay in Virtual Utopia and be their financial support. The others then went towards Frozen Heights and at the entrance, Tarot suddenly got pushed by something invisible, making him surprised. Azmy recalled the organization having a hologram dome and suggested they should call Newt and ask how to go inside, so Susan did so and he replied that the dome wouldn't work underground unless they activated a special function so they should check that way out. Azmy then took the call and asked him about Scarlett, and Newt stayed silent before saying that the player'd know her soon before cutting the call.
Johan then said Jean-Jacques Chevalier might know a way to go there via underground, so the team went to question him who was terrified to see all of them in such state, but said that there was indeed a way to go to Frozen Heights from Abandoned Grove. He said he had built an underground subway which would allow them to go there before deciding to go with them. The team of nineteen then went to Abandoned Grove and Jean-Jacques showed them a hidden way which led them to an underground train. Soon after, they managed to enter inside Frozen Heights as Newt was right, and finally they put their belongings in a underground headquarter. Right then, Ivana got a call from the MI6 director who told her to come back to England unless she wanted to get fired, and she decided to cut the call as everyone started to prepare, with their minds heavy with concern and thrill at the same time.
- Troy Williams (Got shot inside his mouth)
- Albert Prince
- The killer drinks coffee.
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer is at least 5'6".
- The killer wears black.
- The killer wears a scarf.
|Emergency Backdoor||Storage Room||Emergency Backdoor Bonus|
|Destroyed Foster Care||Playground||Destroyed Foster Care Bonus|
|Forest Entrance||Hidden Shelter||Forest Entrance Bonus|
- Investigate Emergency Backdoor. (Clues: Victim's Body, Bomb, Handkerchief; Victim identified: Troy Williams; New Suspect: Emma Johnson)
- Ask Emma Johnson how he spotted the explosives. (Prerequisite: Emergency Backdoor investigated)
- Examine Bomb. (Result: Julia Pryde's Fingerprints; New Suspect: Julia Pryde)
- See if Julia Pryde is able to disarm the bomb. (Prerequisite: Bomb examined; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Destroyed Foster Care) *Investigate Destroyed Foster Care. (Clues: Faded Card, Shoeprint; Prerequisite: Julia interrogated)
- Examine Faded Card. (Result: Visiting Card; New Suspect: Melanie Hamilton)
- Question Melanie Hamilton about her presence at the foster care. (Prerequisite: Faded Card examined)
- Examine Shoeprint. (Result: Joseph's Shoeprint; New Suspect: Joseph Huntington)
- Question Joseph Huntington about the victim. (Prerequisite: Shoeprint examined)
- Examine Handkerchief. (Result: Brown Fragments)
- Analyze Brown Fragments. (05:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks coffee)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer is right-handed)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Try to stop Albert Prince from arresting Julia. (Profile updated: Albert drinks coffee; Available after unlocking Chapter 2; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Forest Entrance)
- Investigate Forest Entrance. (Clues: Disinfectant, Locked Communicator, Torn Picture; Prerequisite: Albert interrogated)
- Examine Disinfectant. (Result: Eva's Fingerprints; New Suspect: Eva Littlewood)
- Question Eva Littlewood what happened. (Profile updated: Eva is right-handed; Prerequisite: Disinfectant examined)
- Examine Locked Communicator. (Result: FBI Communicator; New Suspect: Janice Maxwell)
- Talk with Janice Maxwell about the recent events. (Profile updated: Janice drinks coffee; Prerequisite: Locked Communicator examined)
- Examine Torn Picture. (Result: Troy's Picture)
- Analyze Troy's Picture. (07:00:00: Attribute: The killer is at least 5'6")
- Investigate Playground. (Clues: Wallet, Anarchy Sign; All tasks before must be done first)
- Examine Wallet. (Result: Melanie and Little Troy's Picture)
- Question Melanie about her relationship with Troy. (Profile updated: Melanie drinks coffee and is right-handed)
- Examine Anarchy Sign. (Result: Pollen of Rose)
- Question Emma about her protests against the ABPD. (Profile updated: Emma drinks coffee and is right-handed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- See what Joseph has to say. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Profile updated: Joseph drinks coffee and is right-handed; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Hidden Shelter)
- Investigate Hidden Shelter. (Clues: Troy's Diary, Hunters' Picture, Faded Letter, Coded Machine; Prerequisite: Joseph interrogated)
- Examine Troy's Diary. (Result: Notes)
- Ask Julia what Troy asked her. (Profile updated: Julia drinks coffee and is right-handed; Prerequisite: Troy's Diary examined)
- Examine Hunters' Picture. (Result: Janice's Note)
- Question Janice about Troy's research involving Scarlett Winters. (Profile updated: Janice is right-handed; Prerequisite: Hunters' Picture examined)
- Examine Faded Letter. (Result: Albert's Letter to Daniel)
- Confront Albert about wanting to disallow foreign agents from operating in USA. (Profile updated: Albert is right-handed)
- Examine Coded Machine. (Result: Unlocked Machine)
- Talk with Eva about Troy's discoveries. (Profile updated: Eva drinks coffee)
- Investigate Storage Room. (Clues: Pile of Cardboard,
- Examine Pile of Cardboard. (Result: Gun)
- Analyze Gun. (08:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Gun; Attribute: The killer wears black)
- Examine Bloody Fabric. (Result: Blood Sample)
- Analyze Blood Sample. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a scarf)
- Take care of the killer now.
- Go to Battle Against Artificial Intelligence (6/6). (No stars)
Battle Against Artificial Intelligence (6/6)
- Talk with Janice about the video's origins. (Available after unlocking Battle Against Artificial Intelligence 6)
- Investigate Emergency Backdoor. (Clue: USB Key)
- Analyze USB Key. (04:00:00)
- Question Azmy how the video was released from his account. (Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Forest Entrance. (Clue: Locked Phone; Prerequisite: Azmy interrogated)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Analyze Unlocked Phone. (03:00:00)
- Reunite Azmy with Samira Farid. (Prerequisite: Unlocked Phone analyzed)
- Convince Daniel Roberts to release Julia. (Available after unlocking Battle Against Artificial Intelligence 6)
- Investigate Destroyed Foster Care. (Clues: Broken Camcorder, Locked Box; Prerequisite: Daniel interrogated)
- Examine Broken Camcorder. (Result: Unlocked Camcorder)
- Analyze Unlocked Camcorder. (05:00:00)
- Show the video to Daniel. (Reward: Blue Suit)
- Examine Locked Box. (Result: Unlocked Box [Microchip])
- Analyze Microchip. (07:00:00)
- Talk with Melanie about her discoveries. (Reward: 20000 Coins)
- Investigate Storage Room. (Clue: Bullet; All tasks before must be done first)
- Show the bullet to Anne Sparrow for further information. (Prerequisite: Storage Room investigated)
- Talk with Newt Darkstone about the hologram dome. (Prerequisite: Anne interrogated)
- See if Jean-Jacques Chevalier knows a way to enter Frozen Heights. (Prerequisite: Newt interrogated)
- Move on to a new crime (in Frozen Heights)! (No stars)