|Setting||Istana Negara, Indonesia|
|Initial release date||September 19, 2020|
|Partner(s)||Fanny Wulandari (All Chapters)|
|← Preceded by||Succeeded by →|
|The Power of the Dog||Spill One's Guts|
|“||Learning the Trojan King has triggered a dispute with the yakuza, our last hope was to attend the presidential dinner party to convince the president and learn more about the issue. However, what awaits for us is the slashed body of the president's wife and the first lady. The truth will go out if you don't search the killer under all of this dirty politics!||„|
The next day after solving the murder of a delinquent in Monas, we've comprehended that the yakuza have waged a war to annihilate Central Jakarta as revenge against the Trojan King. Chief Daus was concerned about what'll happen if we didn't prevent the crime itself. He reckoned that phoning the police might help but then recalls that the police are too crooked anyway. That's why he appointed Fanny and the player to attend the presidential dinner party in the National Palace after receiving an invitation from Daigo himself who passed the opportunity presumably to formulate his attack. Reaching there, Fanny was seen admiring the beautiful scenery even as far as saying inappropriate remarks as a joke, leading her to laugh after seeing the player's getting uneasy. Suddenly, a service agent that goes by the name Agent Wahyu interrupted the duo and indicted them of the murder of the first lady, Elena Sudarso. Hearing that indictment, Fanny refuted back and quizzed the agent for evidence, steering the agent to announce that they are the considerably suspicious bunch due to their names not in the guest lists. Because of that, Fanny determined to lie about them being the commissioner's apprentice who came to the National Palace to do their jobs. This lie led to Agent Wahyu to oblige and authorized them to investigate since secret agents have no power to investigate crimes. He then took us to the crime scene, where we began our investigation of the murder of the first lady, whose corpse was detected with stab wounds in the abdomen.
The duo brought the body to Magdalena, who was seen frantic after memorizing what happened yesterday. Wasting no time, Magdalena then evaluated the victim's cause of death to be the stab wound that hits her stomach which punctures it open, causing her to percolate until she succumbed 30 seconds later. She can confirm that the stab wound trajectory and angle corresponds to a right-handed individual, which surmises that the killer is right-handed.
During the investigation, we placed Agent Wahyu as a suspect due to him stumbling across the body early, he sighs after his efforts are a massive waste since he got dismissed before he could thwart the attack on the first lady, which inflames him. When asked about suspicious activities from others, he informed the team that the only dubious thing he saw is a blood trail directing to the palace lobby. After gaining that piece of information, the duo rushed inside the lobby to find new evidence and clues which led the team to suspect three more people. The first was the very President of Indonesia himself, Bowo Sudarso who was overwhelmed after hearing the murder. He commenced to retell his life that he came across her in Ireland six months ago, thus they fell in love and got married. After letting out his story in tears, he pleaded the duo to solve his wife's murder completely. The next one on our suspect list is a famous conglomerate that was known for retaining daily brands, Veronika Ong after we found her Rambogini keys on the victim's purse. She explained the duo that she submitted that as a present for the first lady for inviting her to the party, but when told about the murder, she then asserted honor to the victim.
And eventually, we've placed the last suspect, a prominent game developer whose known for developing Criminal Chase at such an adolescent age, an American man by the name Daniel McCarthy who identifies the duo as the detectives who solved the murder of a local delinquent. When asked how did he recognize, he explained that his fianceé, Eleonora confided him everything. He was astonished after we notified him about the murder of the first lady, who said that he had zero to do with the crime as he arrived unpunctual to the party. After all of this rigorous investigation, Veronika hurried into the duo, saying that she found a strange timed device that looked like a bomb in the dining table.
Leaving no time to waste, the duo sprinted as soon as possible to the scene where the bomb was planted in. Fanny was petrified, explaining that she had no idea about how to disarm it and it's too late to ask someone to do so...until the player stood down and did it all by themselves, giving a sigh of relief to both Fanny and Veronika who was gawking from afar. Along the way, the team gathered various clues that are regarded necessary and found out that one of them eventually leads them straight to the current governor of Jakarta, a hard-headed 32-year old man named David Sitanggang. The governor insisted that he never had a preference for Elena and her positive personality, as he is more rational about life due to his difficult life. When asked about the murder, all he did was smoking his cigar and he gave regards for her demise but asserted that it's not that much of his business and left. Despite everyone declaring that the victim is decent, some are later unveiled as lies. For example, Agent Wahyu confessed for having a desire for Elena due to her joyful personality, only to learn that she married somebody else which shattered his heart in pieces. And then her husband, President Bowo Sudarso loathed her incompetence as a wife after she fell flat to do household stuff neatly as she is more attentive to work and parties as she should spend her time to "satisfy him" rather than satisfying herself. This statement annoys Fanny out, but she tried her best to dismiss it. After all of this investigation, Hassan reported to the duo that the guests are going home, involving our suspects.
The duo commenced heading back to the palace gardens where the guests are about to leave the facility and did our best to entice them to wait. Although they disagreed afterward, they soon oblige after the duo maintains a decisive statement to let them wait. After settling the matter, the duo returned back to probe for clues to solve the murder. And midway, the duo was apt to unearth three more lies from the lasting suspects. The first one is the conglomerate, Veronika Ong who adored her glamour and youthful look despite her being 36 years old. She tried her best to persuade Elena to spill the secrets of her youth like providing her gifts and nagging her which resulted in the victim getting sore and filed a complaint. Then, we've found out that Daniel was indicted for an affair by his own fianceé after she sighted him sitting next to Elena. Daniel began to vindicate the truths that Elena sits there on her own will and kept pestering him but in a cheerful way such as asking him for daily talks. And last but not least, David was pissed off when Elena accidentally destroyed his hard disk drive that contained secretive information that was crucial to him. After resolving and gathering all of the clues and evidence, the team had uncovered the killer to be Wahyu, the Secret Service agent.
The duo moved toward near the agent who was sitting while clutching his head, with sorrow on his face. The duo then flung the charges to him for the murder of first lady Elena Sudarso. Wahyu tried his best to lie but was rebutted soon after with validities and proof, resulting in him to snap out and confess. When questioned why did he committed such a crime, he confessed that he felt that he was isolated and an outcast. Wahyu started to retell his crises and life, clarifying that ever since childhood, he had been a subject of bullying from others. He never had genuine friends, all of his so-called friends are mostly bogus and would strike insults as a "joke". Feeling like an outcast, he tried his nicest to modify himself which was a great fail. While in college, he attained the same treatment minus the bullying which is getting unnoticed by a lot of people. Crouching in despair, he then saw a gleaming hope in front of him, he noticed a walking angel in front of him which is the victim who was still an assistant of a certain professor in college. She was beautiful and youthful, motivating him to have a crush on her even as far as lurking her in social media. When he saw one of her posts that asserted that she wanted to be a politician, he then pledged to work hard as an agent. In the present times where he is now, he still earned the same treatment but he then hoped to confess his feelings, only to found out that she had married the president.
Heartbroken that the only individual he genuinely loved has married the president whom he thought was never good as he was hardly used for actions and also the public for avoiding him down, he resolved into murder so the public could see that he is a nobody to be avoided for. When he glimpses the victim standing in front of the stairway, he didn't waver to stab her numerous times as retribution for breaking his heart, although soon he turned out feeling regretful. The duo then brought the tearful agent to the courtroom, where Judge Ihsan evaluated his actions. But before he proclaims his sentencing, Adeline exemplified as the psychologist to the court explaining that Wahyu suffered from loneliness, however, he was deemed legally sane while perpetrated the murder. Affirming his empathy while opposing the victim's actions, he sentenced the agent to 30 years of imprisonment for the murder with psychological counseling to help him out.
After substantiating our detective abilities and efforts by arresting the killer once again, the duo strides upon to their original assignment which is to catechize the president about the Trojan King and the yakuza. When we retreated back to the palace to talk with him, however, the president confessed the detectives that he didn't know anything and assumed that both of them are just modest guests. After telling that, he told the duo to leave or he'll call security, annoying us down after we didn't get a proper answer. But, the duo didn't give up yet as there is still an alternative way to gain information, by searching around the dining zone to find possible clues. There, we stumbled upon a briefcase that comprises hidden catalogs about reconciling the yakuza and the Trojan King, but was inscribed as "rejected". Sending this to Adeline for further examination, she verified that the catalogs were issued by the vice president, Try Tuttisno. Uncovering another hope, we inquired the vice president about his plan to reconcile both sides. The vice president was familiar with the dilemma and began to explain the backstory of the fight. Ten years ago, the Trojan King had attacked multiple companies in Jakarta as a "target practice" until they moved to the big side, especially when they and Hei Qian worked together to extort the yakuza in Beijing, and the coincidental thing is that according to the reports, both are considered to commit the scandal as a retaliation to the yakuza. In other words, the Trojan King must be someone who had a grudge against the yakuza ten years ago, and Tuttisno was trying his best to make both sides on peace until both sides were deemed too turbulent to be stopped with. That's why Tuttisno imprinted the catalogs with "rejected" because there's no ambition left.
On the extra side, Eleonora came across the team to beg them for a favor. Anggo testified to assist as he was scarcely used by the chief for assignments anyway and accompanied the player to talk to her. She concedes that she was pregnant with her fiancé's baby and wished to tell him about it. But, knowing Daniel is a little bit hopeless when it comes to the situation, Eleonora begged for the team's help to arrange a surprise for Daniel. Anggo and the player then searched the gardens to find decorations such as flowers and stuff, even as far as joking about the two of them had "done it" which makes him envious, resulting with himself to chuckle as the player looks him with a cringe stare, even telling him to "STFU". Returning back, Anggo really had no abilities so he pleaded Magdalena for help, which she accepts with an annoyed look. And after organizing stuff, it's time for the surprise, and Daniel was seen wandering around reading a letter until he sees Eleonora in a floral dress. Daniel complimented her beauty and asking her what happened until she disclosed the truth. Daniel was flabbergast after hearing that, with Eleonora crying in joy telling how much she loved her fiancé, resulting in a hug from the two who kept saying that they love each other. Magdalena and Anggo are seen gazing from afar, with Magdalena adoring the cuteness, and then there's Anggo who was envious and swore that he'll "lose his virginity" soon only to get RKOed by Magdalena.
After the comedic event, the team returned back to the headquarters and now started up to plan out the fundamental duty. After we understood that both of the yakuza and the Trojan King is entangled in some sort of each other ten years ago, we began to locate Qian in prison but only to find him shot dead in the head on his cell. During the autopsy, Magdalena indicated that the bullet casing belongs to the yakuza, meaning that they had killed the Trojan King's accomplice already. And to make matters worse, Commissioner Yew called us, confiding that the yakuza have started a turmoil on the streets.
- Elena Sudarso (found stabbed in the abdomen)
- Letter Opener
- Agent Wahyu
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer is superstitious.
- The killer eats government cheese.
- The killer has bruises.
- The killer wears turqouise bead.
|Palace Gardens||Stairway||Palace Gardens Bonus|
|Dining Zone||Feast||Dining Zone Bonus|
- Investigate Palace Gardens. (Clues: Letter Opener, Victim's Body; Victim Identified: Elena Sudarso; New Suspect: Agent Wahyu)
- Ask Wahyu about anything suspicious. (Prerequisite: Palace Gardens investigated; New Crime Scene: Lobby)
- Investigate Lobby. (Prerequisite: Wahyu interrogated; Clues: Medallion, Victim's Purse, Jukebox)
- Examine Medallion. (Result: Tags; New Suspect: President Bowo Sudarso)
- Inform the President about his wife's murder. (Prerequisite: Tags unraveled)
- Examine Victim's Purse. (Result: Car Keys)
- Examine Car Keys. (Result: Veronika; New Suspect: Veronika Ong)
- Ask Veronika why did her car keys ends up in the victim's purse. (Prerequisite: Veronika decoded)
- Examine Jukebox. (Result: Daniel McCarthy; New Suspect: Daniel McCarthy)
- Inquire McCarthy whether he knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Daniel identified)
- Analyze Letter Opener. (06:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Letter Opener; Attribute: The killer is superstitious)
- Analyze Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer is right-handed)
- Go to Chapter 2. (no stars)
- Investigate Dining Zone. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Duffel Bag, Box of Cigarettes, Victim's Necklace, Rose Pin)
- Examine Duffel Bag. (Result: Bomb)
- Examine Bomb. (Result: Deactivated Bomb)
- Examine Box of Cigarettes. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (09:00:00; New Suspect: David Sitanggang)
- Question David Sitanggang about his cigarette near the bomb. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed; Profile Updated: David is superstitious)
- Examine Rose Pin. (Result: Yellow Substance)
- Examine Yellow Substance. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats government cheese)
- Investigate Stairway. (All tasks must be done first; Clues: Poem, Broken Frame)
- Analyze Poem. (03:00:00)
- Ask Wahyu why did he wrote a poem about the victim breaking his heart. (Prerequisite: Poem analyzed; Profile Updated: Wahyu is right-handed, is superstitious, and eats government cheese)
- Examine Broken Frame. (Result: Wedding Photo)
- Demand answers from the President about why he destroyed his own wedding photo. (Prerequisite: Wedding Photo restored; Attribute: Bowo is right handed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Feast. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Classified Files, Filming Camera, Package)
- Examine Classified Files. (Result: Complaint Letter)
- Get answers from Veronika about the victim signing a complaint against her. (Prerequisite: Complaint Letter found; Profile Updated: Veronika is right-handed, is superstitious, and eats government cheese)
- Examine Filming Camera. (Result: Unlocked Camera)
- Analyze Unlocked Camera. (12:00:00)
- Talk to Daniel why did he blame the victim during his argument with his fianceé. (Prerequisite: Unlocked Camera analyzed; Profile Updated: Daniel is right-handed, is superstitious, and eats government cheese)
- Examine Package. (Result: Voodoo Doll)
- Examine Voodoo Doll. (Result: Powder)
- Analyze Powder. (03:00:00)
- Grill David out about his voodoo doll that resembles the victim. (Prerequisite: Powder analyzed; Profile: David is right-handed, is superstitious, and eats government cheese)
- Investigate Shrine. (All tasks must be done first; Clues: Buddha Statue, Broken Glass)
- Examine Buddha Statue. (Clues: White Substance)
- Analyze White Substance. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has bruises)
- Examine Broken Glass. (Result: Crystal)
- Analyze Crystal. (15:00:00; Profile: The killer wears turqouise bead)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Hacking the Bad Blood (4/5). (no stars)
Hacking the Bad Blood (4/5)
- Question the president about the yakuza and the Trojan King. (Available after unlocking Hacking the Bad Blood; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Dining Zone. (Prerequisite: Bowo interrogated; Clues: Briefcase)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: Documented Catalogs)
- Analyze Documented Catalogs. (09:00:00)
- Ask Try Tuttisno why did he issued the reconciliation. (Prerequisite: Documented Catalogs analyzed; Reward: 20.000 coins)
- See what Eleonora needs. (Available after unlocking Hacking the Bad Blood)
- Investigate Palace Gardens. (Prerequisite: Eleonora interrogated; Clues: Basket)
- Examine Basket. (Result: Flowers)
- Analyze Flowers. (06:00:00)
- Surprise Daniel out. (Prerequisite: Flowers analyzed; Reward: Flower Shirt)
- Accompany the Chief to interrogate Qian. (All tasks must be done first)
- Examine Qian's Body. (12:00:00)
- Move on to a new crime! (no stars)